"Ding Dongers" is the first segment of the fifty-eighth episode of Big City Greens.
Remy has become addicted to a new app called Ding Dong where people upload short entertaining videos of themselves on the internet. While his friends such as Kiki, Weezie and Benny garner followers, Remy himself has very few of them, which disappoints him. Cricket, in an effort to hang out with Remy, hops onto the his window and asks to hang out. He falls off of it and crashes where Remy realizes that the moment was caught on his phone. Suddenly, people begin following Remy for Cricket's antics and he invites him to help make more videos for him, despite Cricket not really caring about the followers. Tilly decides to follow suit by asking Gloria if she can make a Ding Dong account on her phone. Upon seeing it, Gloria decides to give it up to Tilly.
Remy starts off by having Cricket take part in some rather elaborate and dangerous stunts that all end with him getting severely injured. Despite Cricket slowly losing any reason and getting more and more beat up, Remy continues to abuse his friend as he quickly racks up followers until he has achieved higher status. When they stop to take a break, Remy sees that he is losing followers who want to see more and forces Cricket to perform one last elaborate stunt at the skate park. Tilly decides to make Phoenix the subject of her Ding Dong video, but when she sees that no one is watching, she believes that Phoenix would be devastated and tries to lie. Phoenix "finds out" (she does not actually care) and Tilly believes that she has ruined her life.
Tilly tries to apologize to Phoenix for "deceiving" her, but realizes that she herself was her viewer and feels better. Again, Phoenix does not care. At the skate park Cricket dizzily prepares for the final stunt which will put him through the ringer. Before he does, Remy is confronted by former viral star Itchaboi who has gone broke since Ding Dong became a huge hit. He is impressed with how Remy continues to abuse Cricket and realizing that he is hurting his friend quickly switches places with him and ends up going through the course. He apologizes to Cricket afterwards for forcing him to do those stunts. As Gramma Alice washes the boys, they learn that Benny mooched off their viral effort and has now achieved "platinum" status on Ding Dong.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Zeno Robinson as Remy Remington
- Monica Ray as Kiki Kitashima
- Lamar Woods as Weezie
- Luke Lowe as Benny
- Caldwell Tanner as Itchaboi
- Bill is absent from this episode while Gramma Alice appears, but is silent. This combined with "Animation Abomination" makes this the first full episode where Bill does not appear.
- Vasquez appears, but is silent.
- The title card is a resemblance to the TikTok Logo.
- Ding Dong is clearly a play on the real world app TikTok.
- Tilly gets Gloria's phone as she destroyed hers back in "Gramma Driver". It's unknown if she still uses it after the episode.
- Tilly says trout season is coming up soon, which begins on April 10, placing the episode some time before that date.
- Moral: Don't try to risk your friends' lives for the sake of popularity.
- March 28, 2021 (Canada)
- July 9, 2021 (Latin America)
- July 12, 2021 (Southeast Asia)
- October 13, 2021 (Portugal)
- January 22, 2022 (Japan)