"Disney's Halloween Treat" is a 47-minute Halloween-themed clip show which first aired on Walt Disney in 1982 and featured a compilation of Disney animated shorts involving spooky or supernatural themes as well as excerpted segments from Disney feature films. The credits also featured footage from the Haunted Mansion ride. It was narrated by a jack o'lantern puppet, which was also used in an educational short to talk about Halloween safety called "Disney's Haunted Halloween". The opening and closing credits feature a colorized version of the 1929 Silly Symphonies short The Skeleton Dance, as well as its own theme song, sung in the credits. The lyrics were written by Galen R. Brandt with music by John Debney.
It was shown throughout the 1980s up until the mid-1990s. It was also released on VHS in 1984, but has not been released on DVD.
- Hal Douglas - Jack-o'-lantern
- Madam Mim - The Sword in the Stone (1963)
- Night on Bald Mountain - Fantasia (1940)
- Clip of "Pluto's Sweater" (1949)
- Clip of "Mickey's Parrot" (1938)
- "Donald Duck and the Gorilla" - Donald Duck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie (1944)
- "Pluto's Judgment" sequence, consisting of three individual Pluto cartoons assembled together
- Captain Hook - Peter Pan (1953)
- Cruella De Vil - One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
- The Evil Queen as Old Hag - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
- Si and Am - Lady and the Tramp (1955)
- Headless Horseman - The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949)
- In 1983, this program would serve as the inspiration for A Disney Halloween, which ran on The Disney Channel for many years (that program also contained footage of Disney's Greatest Villains). That program would open and close with the same theme song as here, as well as feature the colorized version of The Skeleton Dance.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Disney's Halloween Treat. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|