It started as a domestic service in the United States, and then expanded internationally after Fall 2019. The service is the exclusive home to Disney-owned original content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic channels. Internationally, Star is available, which primary carries general and mature content for the service, in addition with selected series and movies from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia in Asia-pacific markets, while anime is currently only available in Japan.
Disney+ was launched early in the Netherlands on September 12, 2019 as a free trial. It officially launched in the Netherlands, United States and Canada on November 12, 2019 just before 3:00 a.m. EST (UTC–5). Disney+ launched in Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico on November 19, 2019, and then in Austria, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, Ireland, and Switzerland on March 24, 2020. Disney+ is expected to launch in Eastern Europe, over the course of a year, and Latin America, over the course of three months, both starting in October 2020. In Spain, a linear Disney+ TV channel launched alongside the streaming service, which broadcasts programming from Disney+. It's available exclusively on Movistar+, their release partner in the region.
In December 2019, it was announced that Canal+ would be the exclusive distributor of Disney+ in France. The launch in France was delayed from March 24 to April 7, pursuant to a request from the French government to conserve network capacity due to the COVID-19 pandemic placing additional strain on communications networks.
In February 2020, Iger announced that it planned to launch Disney+ in India on March 29, 2020, by means of its existing service Hotstar, rebranding its paid tiers as a co-branded service. Hotstar was acquired by Disney during the Fox purchase, and has been the dominant streaming service in the country. However, it was postponed due to the Indian Premier League being rescheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was then launched on April 3, 2020.
In April 2020, it was announced that Disney+ original content will be licensed to pay TV and streaming operator OSN, starting on April 9, in 17 countries of the Middle East and North Africa region with Disney nothing that they had no current "plan to launch Disney+ as a standalone service in the region in the near future". On August 12, 2021, Disney announced that it will launch in the Middle East and Africa in Summer 2022.
The service launched in Japan on June 11, 2020 as part of Disney's existing partnership with NTT Docomo, and succeeded their existing Disney Deluxe service in the region for the Disney+ Originals.
Disney+ launched in Indonesia through Hotstar on September 5, 2020, and in Portugal, Belgium, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark and Greenland on September 15, 2020, and in Latin America and the Caribbean on November 17, 2020.
The service expanded to Singapore on February 23, 2021. It was announced that the service would also expand to Central and Eastern Europe, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Israel, South Africa, and Turkey later in between 2021 and 2022. Among them, it has been confirmed that the service will launch on November 12, 2021 in South Korea and Taiwan, and on November 16, 2021 in Hong Kong.
Star, Disney+'s brand for general entertainment content, would launch on February 23, 2021 in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore and is expected to be rolled out to select international markets in the future, including Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Israel and South Africa. Star was added to Disney+ in Japan on October 27, 2021, and launched along with the service in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12 and Hong Kong on November 16.
On February 25, 2021, it was reported that Disney+ would launch in Malaysia and Thailand through Hotstar within 2021. It was later confirmed that the launch would take place in Malaysia on June 1, 2021 and Thailand on June 30, 2021. Disney+ launched in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12, 2021, and in Hong Kong on November 16, 2021. The launch date for the Philippines and Vietnam has yet to be announced, tentatively by early 2022. Later on, there was a report stating the service is expected to launch in the Philippines and Vietnam in 2022. It will be available in more than 50 countries by 2022 and in more than 160 countries by the end of 2023.
|Lady and the Tramp||November 12, 2019||Action-Adventure/Comedy/Family/Romance||1 hr. 51 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Taiwanese Mandarin||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Noelle||Comedy/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 40 minutes|
|One Day at Disney||December 3, 2019||Documentary/Family||1 hr. 1 minute||Disney Publishing Worldwide|
|Arendelle Castle Yule Log||December 13, 2019||Animation/Family||3 hr. 1 minute||English||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Togo||December 20, 2019||Action-Adventure/Animals & Nature/Family/Historical/Survival||1 hr. 56 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made||February 7, 2020||Buddy/Comedy/Family/Mystery||1 hr. 43 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish|
|Stargirl||March 13, 2020||Coming of Age/Drama/Musical/Romance||1 hr. 47 minutes|
|Diving with Dolphins||April 3, 2020||Animals & Nature/Documentary/Family||1 hr. 19 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Disneynature|
|Dolphin Reef||1 hr. 17 minutes|
|Elephant||1 hr. 29 minutes|
|In the Footsteps of Elephant||1 hr. 28 minutes|
|Penguins: Life on the Edge||1 hr. 18 minutes|
|A Celebration of the Music from Coco||April 10, 2020||Concert Film/Music/Musical||47 minutes||English||Eventvision|
|Artemis Fowl||June 12, 2020||Action-Adventure/Crime/Fantasy/Science Fiction||1 hr. 35 minutes||Dutch/English/French/Italian/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Hamilton: History Has Its Eyes on You||July 10, 2020||Historical/Musical/Talk Show||46 minutes||English||Nevis Productions|
|Black Is King||July 31, 2020||Dance/Music/Musical||1 hr. 25 minutes||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Howard||August 7, 2020||Biographical/Documentary/Music||1 hr. 34 minutes||English/Spanish||Stone Circle Pictures|
|Magic Camp||August 14, 2020||Comedy/Family||1 hr. 40 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|The One and Only Ivan||August 21, 2020||Drama/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 35 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Portuguese/Spanish|
|Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe||August 28, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Family/Science Fiction||1 hr. 26 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish||Disney Television Animation|
|Mulan||September 4, 2020 (Premier Access)
December 4, 2020
|Action-Adventure/Coming of Age/Drama/Fantasy||1 hr. 56 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Mandarin/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Secret Society of Second-Born Royals||September 25, 2020||Action-Adventure/Coming of Age/Family/Fantasy/Superhero||1 hr. 39 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Disney Channel|
|Clouds||October 16, 2020||Biographical/Drama/Music||2 hr. 2 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Wayfarer Studios|
|The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special||November 17, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Kids/Science Fiction||47 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Lucasfilm|
|The Real Right Stuff||November 20, 2020||Documentary/Historical||1 hr. 30 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||National Geographic|
|Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions||November 25, 2020||Documentary/Music||1 hr. 46 minutes||English||Taylor Swift Productions|
|Black Beauty||November 27, 2020||Animals & Nature/Coming of Age/Drama||1 hr. 50 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Constantin Film|
|Godmothered||December 4, 2020||Comedy/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 53 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|High School Musical: The Musical: The Holiday Special||December 11, 2020||Drama/Music/Romance/Romantic Comedy||45 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish||Disney Channel|
|Safety||Biographical/Drama/Sports||2 hr. 2 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Arendelle Castle Yule Log 2.0||December 18, 2020||Animation/Family||3 hr. 0 minutes||English||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Dory's Reef Cam||3 hr. 1 minute||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Soul||December 25, 2020||Animation/Comedy/Family/Fantasy/Music||1 hr. 46 minutes||Catalan/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Icelandic/Italian/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish|
|My Music Story: Yoshiki (U.S. Premiere)||February 5, 2021||Biographical/Documentary/Music||47 minutes||Japanese||Walt Disney Television|
|Marvel's Behind the Mask||February 12, 2021||Anthology/Documentary||1 hr. 4 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||Marvel Entertainment|
|Flora & Ulysses||February 19, 2021||Comedy/Coming of Age/Drama/Family||1 hr. 35 minutes||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Raya and the Last Dragon||March 5, 2021 (Premier Access)
June 4, 2021
|Action-Adventure/Animation/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 52 minutes||Catalan/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Icelandic/Indonesian/Italian/Malay/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Thai/Vietnamese||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|My Music Story: Perfume (U.S. Premiere)||March 12, 2021||Biographical/Documentary/Music||53 minutes||Japanese||Walt Disney Television|
|Own the Room||Documentary||1 hr. 31 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||National Geographic|
|My Music Story: Sukimaswitch (U.S. Premiere)||April 30, 2021||Biographical/Documentary/Music||1 hr. 21 minutes||Japanese||Walt Disney Television|
|Cruella||May 28, 2021 (Premier Access)
August 27, 2021
|Comedy/Crime/Drama||2 hr. 17 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Luca||June 18, 2021||Animation/Coming of Age/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 41 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Taiwanese Mandarin||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Wolfgang||June 25, 2021||Biographical/Documentary||1 hr. 19 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||Supper Club|
|Black Widow||July 9, 2021 (Premier Access)
October 6, 2021
|Action-Adventure/Espionage/Science Fiction/Spy/Super Hero||2 hr. 15 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Marvel Studios|
|Playing with Sharks||July 23, 2021||Animals & Nature/Biographical/Documentary||1 hr. 31 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||Wildbear Entertainment|
|Stuntman||Documentary||1 hr. 27 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||Seven Bucks Productions|
|Jungle Cruise||July 30, 2021 (Premier Access)
November 12, 2021
|Action-Adventure/Family/Fantasy||2 hr. 9 minutes||Catalan/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles||September 3, 2021||Concert Film/Music||1 hr. 5 minutes||English||Disney|
|A Spark Story||September 24, 2021||Documentary||1 hr. 27 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||Pixar Animation Studios|
|LEGO Star Wars Terrifying Tales||October 1, 2021||Action-Adventure/Animation/Science Fiction||46 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Lucasfilm|
|Muppets Haunted Mansion||October 8, 2021||Comedy/Family/Musical||52 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Taiwanese Mandarin||Disney|
|Home Sweet Home Alone||November 12, 2021||Comedy/Family||1 hr. 35 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Taiwanese Mandarin||20th Century Studios|
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid||December 3, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Family||58 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Mandarin/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Taiwanese Mandarin||20th Century Animation|
|Untitled Arendelle Castle Yule Log||December 2021||N/A||N/A||N/A||Disney|
|Greek Freak||2022||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again||20th Century Animation|
|Untitled Mickey Mouse documentary||Disney|
|The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild||January 28, 2022||20th Century Studios|
|Sneakerella||February 18, 2022||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Turning Red||March 11, 2022||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Cheaper by the Dozen||March 2022||20th Century Studios|
|Polar Bear||April 22, 2022||Disneynature|
|Better Nate Than Ever||Spring 2022||Disney|
|Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Hocus Pocus 2|
|The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special||December 2022||Marvel Studios|
|Untitled Marvel Studios Halloween Special||2022|
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules||20th Century Animation|
|Peter Pan & Wendy||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Three Men and a Baby|
|29 Dates||N/A||Gotham Group|
|Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day||The Jim Henson Company|
|Aloha Rodeo||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Change Can Dunk||Disney|
|Crater||20th Century Studios|
|Daughter of the Deep||Disney|
|Father of the Bride|
|Flight of the Navigator remake|
|The Grimm Legacy||Walt Disney Pictures|
|The Keanon Lowe project||Disney|
|Lilo & Stitch|
|Once on This Island|
|The Paper Magician|
|The Parent Trap|
|The Return of the Rocketeer|
|The Rocketeers||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Sister Act 3||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Space Camp||20th Century Studios|
|Star Wars: A Droid Story||Lucasfilm|
|The Sword in the Stone||Disney|
|Untitled building of Disneyland film|
|Untitled Croatia documentary|
|Untitled fairy tale film|
|Untitled Soul documentary||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Untitled Witch Mountain remake||Disney|
|Untitled Youth Orchestra Los Angeles documentary|
|Wouldn't It Be Nice|
|Young Woman and the Sea|
|Disney Family Sundays||November 12, 2019||Anthology/Family/Lifestyle||1||6-10 min.||Matador Content||Cancelled|
|Encore!||Music/Reality||52-59 min.||Olive Bridge Entertainment|
|High School Musical: The Musical: The Series||November 12, 2019 (Season 1)
May 14, 2021 (Season 2)
2022 (Season 3)
|Comedy/Coming of Age/Drama/Music/Romance||30-41 min.||Disney Channel||Ongoing|
|The Imagineering Story||November 12, 2019||Docuseries/Historical||62-69 min.||Iwerks & Co.||Cancelled|
|Legend of the Three Caballeros (U.S. Premiere)||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Kids||24 min.||Disney Digital Network|
|The Mandalorian||November 12, 2019 (Season 1)
October 30, 2020 (Season 2)
Spring 2022 (Season 3)
|Action-Adventure/Family/Science Fiction||2||33-55 min.||Lucasfilm||Ongoing|
|Marvel's Hero Project||November 12, 2019||Docuseries/Family||1||23-29 min.||Marvel Entertainment||Cancelled|
|Pixar in Real Life||Anthology/Comedy/Family/Reality||5-7 min.||Pixar Animation Studios|
|The World According to Jeff Goldblum||November 12, 2019 (Season 1)
November 12, 2021 (Season 2)
|Docuseries||2||24-31 min.||Natonal Geographic||Ongoing|
|One Day at Disney Shorts||December 6, 2019||Anthology/Docuseries/Family||1||5-9 min.||Disney Publishing Worldwide||Cancelled|
|Pick of the Litter||December 20, 2019||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||27-36 min.||ABC Studios|
|Diary of a Future President||January 17, 2020 (Season 1)
August 18, 2021 (Season 2)
|Comedy/Coming of Age/Family||2||26-36 min.||CBS Studios||Ongoing|
|Short Circuit||January 24, 2020 (Season 1)
August 4, 2021 (Season 2)
|Animation/Anthology/Family||5-8 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings (Season 2)||February 14, 2020||Docuseries/Family/Lifestyle||1||36-41 min.||T Group Productions||Cancelled|
|Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Season 7)||February 21, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Science Fiction||21-30 min.||Lucasfilm Animation|
|101 Dalmatian Street (U.S. Premiere)||February 28, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Coming of Age||23 min.||Atomic Cartoons|
|Marvel Future Avengers (U.S. Premiere)||February 28, 2020 (Season 1)
May 22, 2020 (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Animation/Anime/Science Fiction/Superhero||2||23-24 min.||Marvel Entertainment|
|Shop Class||February 28, 2020||Competition/Game Show||1||41-45 min.||Disney|
|Disney Insider||March 20, 2020||Docuseries||17-23 min.||Ongoing|
|Be Our Chef||March 27, 2020||Competition/Family/Game Show||24-28 min.||Cancelled|
|Prop Culture||May 1, 2020||Docuseries||29-36 min.|
|Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian||May 4, 2020 (Season 1)
December 25, 2020 (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Family/Science Fiction/Talk Show||2||19-65 min.||Lucasfilm||Ongoing|
|It's a Dog's Life with Bill Farmer||May 15, 2020||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||1||21-23 min.||Dog Tale Productions, Inc||Cancelled|
|The Big Fib||May 22, 2020||Competition/Family/Game Show||22-26 min.||Haymaker TV|
|Zenimation||May 22, 2020 (Season 1)
June 11, 2021 (Season 2)
|Animation/Anthology/Family||5-50 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios||Ongoing|
|Into the Unknown: Making Frozen II||June 26, 2020||Docuseries/Family||28-42 min.||Cancelled|
|Rogue Trip||July 24, 2020||Docuseries||34-39 min.||National Geographic|
|Muppets Now||July 31, 2020||Comedy/Family/Lifestyle/Parody/Variety||23-25 min.||The Muppets Studio|
|Weird But True! (Season 3)||August 14, 2020||Animals & Nature/Kids/Variety||23-26 min.||National Geographic|
|Earth to Ned||September 4, 2020
2021 (Season 2)
|Comedy/Parody/Science Fiction/Talk Show||23-27 min.||The Jim Henson Company||Ongoing|
|Becoming||September 18, 2020||Biographical/Docuseries/Sports||24-25 min.||Walt Disney Television||Cancelled|
|Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom||September 25, 2020||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||36-41 min.||National Geographic|
|The Right Stuff||October 9, 2020||Drama/Historical||45-53 min.|
|Meet the Chimps||October 16, 2020||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||35-41 min.|
|Inside Pixar||November 13, 2020||Docuseries/Family||9-16 min.||Pixar Animation Studios||Ongoing|
|The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse||November 18, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Anthology/Comedy/Kids||9 min.||Disney Television Animation|
|Marvel's 616||November 20, 2020||Anthology/Docuseries||39-71 min.||Marvel Entertainment||Cancelled|
|On Pointe||December 18, 2020||Dance/Docuseries/Family||39-52 min.||Imagine Documentaries|
|Marvel Studios: Legends||January 8, 2021||Docuseries||6-12 min.||Marvel Studios|
|WandaVision||January 15, 2021||Drama/Mystery/Romance/Science Fiction||30-50 min.||Cancelled|
|Pixar Popcorn||January 22, 2021||Animation/Anthology/Family||2-5 min.||Pixar Animation Studios||Ongoing|
|Marvel Studios: Assembled||March 12, 2021||Docuseries||41-67 min.||Marvel Studios|
|The Falcon and The Winter Soldier||March 19, 2021||Action-Adventure/Buddy/Science Fiction||50-61 min.||Cancelled|
|The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers||March 26, 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Comedy/Drama/Sports||31-43 min.||ABC Signature||Ongoing|
|Big Shot||April 16, 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Earth Moods||April 16, 2021||Animals & Nature/Anthology||31 min.||National Geographic|
|Secrets of the Whales||April 22, 2021||Animals & Nature/Docuseries||46-51 min.||Cancelled|
|Star Wars: The Bad Batch||May 4, 2021 (Season 1)
2022 (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Animation/Science Fiction||25-75 min.||Lucasfilm Animation||Ongoing|
|Star Wars Vehicle Flythroughs||May 4, 2021||Anthology/Science Fiction||4-5 min.||Lucasfilm|
|Loki||June 9, 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Fantasy/Science Fiction||43-55 min.||Marvel Studios|
|The Mysterious Benedict Society||June 25, 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Family||51-57 min.||20th Television|
|Monsters at Work||July 7, 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Animation/Comedy/Family||25-29 min.||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Behind the Attraction||July 21, 2021||Docuseries/Family||38-48 min.||The Nacelle Company|
|Turner & Hooch||Action-Adventure/Buddy/Comedy/Cop/Police/Procedural||46-52 min.||20th Television|
|Chip 'n' Dale: Park Life||July 28, 2021||Animation/Buddy/Comedy/Kids||23 min.||Xilam Animation|
|Turning the Tables With Robin Roberts||Talk Show||27-28 min.||Walt Disney Television|
|How to Stay at Home||August 11, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Family||2-6 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|What If...?||August 11, 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Animation/Anthology/Science Fiction/Super Hero||31-37 min.||Marvel Studios|
|Growing Up Animal||August 18, 2021||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||47-53 min.||Wall to Wall Media|
|Dug Days||September 1, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Family||9-12 min.||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Doogie Kameāloha, M.D.||September 8, 2021||Comedy/Coming of Age/Family/Medical||28-39 min.||20th Television|
|Star Wars: Visions||September 22, 2021||Action-Adventure/Animation/Anime/Anthology/Science Fiction||14-23 min.||Lucasfilm|
|Star Wars: Galaxy of Sounds||September 29, 2021||Animation/Anthology/Science Fiction||7-9 min.|
|Among the Stars||October 6, 2021||Docuseries||41-53 min.||Fulwell 73 Productions||Cancelled|
|Just Beyond||October 13, 2021||Drama||25-34 min.||20th Television||Ongoing|
|Intertwined||November 12, 2021||Comedy/Coming of Age/Drama/Fantasy/Music||41-53 min.||Pampa Films|
|Olaf Presents||Animation/Family||4-12 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Hawkeye||November 24, 2021||Action-Adventure/Super Hero||50-52 min.||Marvel Studios||Cancelled|
|The Beatles: Get Back||November 25, 2021||Docuseries/Historical/Music||139-174 min.||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Welcome to Earth||December 8, 2021||N/A||N/A||N/A||National Geographic||Unreleased|
|Foodtastic||December 15, 2021||Disney|
|Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett||December 29, 2021||Action-Adventure/Science Fiction||Lucasfilm|
|The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder||February 23, 2022||N/A||Hyperion Pictures|
|Zootopia+||Spring 2022||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Ms. Marvel||Marvel Studios|
|Star Wars: Andor||Q4 2022 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Cars on the Road||Fall 2022||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire||Late 2022||Disney|
|America the Beautiful||2022|
|Limitless With Chris Hemsworth||National Geographic|
|I Am Groot||Marvel Studios|
|Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi||Action-Adventure/Science Fiction||Lucasfilm|
|Win or Lose||Fall 2023||N/A||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Moana, The Series||2023||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|X-Men '97||Marvel Studios|
|Agatha: House of Harkness||N/A|
|American Born Chinese||20th Television|
|The Ballad of Renegade Nell||Disney|
|The Biggest Star in Appleton||20th Century Studios|
|The Crossover||20th Television|
|Explorer Academy||National Geographic|
|First Gen||20th Television|
|Genius (Season 4)||National Geographic|
|House of Secrets||26th Street Pictures|
|Ink & Paint||Disney|
|Life and Deaf||Disney|
|Little Town||ABC Signature|
|Marvel Zombies||Marvel Studios|
|The Night Market|
|On the Edge with Alex Honnold||Plimsoll Productions|
|Parenting Without Borders||Disney|
|People & Places|
|Percy Jackson and the Olympians||20th Century Studios|
|The Quest (Season 2)||Disney|
|A Real Bug's Life||National Geographic|
|Save Our Squad|
|Secret Guide to Celestial Creatures||20th Television|
|The Secret History of the Pink Carnation||Disney|
|Shipwreck Hunters Australia|
|The Society of Explorers and Adventurers||20th Television|
|Spider-Man: Freshman Year||Marvel Studios|
|The Spiderwick Chronicles||Disney|
|Star Wars: The Acolyte||Lucasfilm|
|Star Wars: Ahsoka|
|Star Wars: Lando|
|Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic|
|Supernatural Planet||Plimsoll Productions|
|Swiss Family Robinson||20th Television|
|Untitled Detroit Youth Choir series||Disney|
|Untitled H2O: Just Add Water reboot||Disney|
|Untitled Kingdom of Wakanda series||Marvel Studios|
|Untitled Marvel Studios women documentary series|
|Untitled Okoye spin-off series|
|Untitled Oswald the Lucky Rabbit series||Disney|
|Untitled Rio series|
|Untitled The Sandlot series||20th Century Studios|
|Float||November 12, 2019||Animation/Family/Fantasy||9 minutes||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Money?||Animation/Comedy/Family||5 minutes|
|Marvel Studios: Expanding the Universe||Documentary||12 minutes||English||Marvel Studios|
|Purl||Animation/Comedy/Family||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Smash and Grab||Animation/Buddy/Science Fiction/Survival||8 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Friend?||November 15, 2019||Animation/Comedy/Family||5 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Art?||November 22, 2019||6 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Time?||November 29, 2019|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Love?||December 6, 2019|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Computer?||December 13, 2019|
|High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The Special||December 14, 2019||Documentary/Music||23 minutes||English||Disney Channel|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Leader?||December 20, 2019||Animation/Comedy/Family||3 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Spanish||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Pet?||December 27, 2019||4 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Cheese?||January 3, 2020||3 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Reading?||January 10, 2020||4 minutes|
|Lamp Life||January 31, 2020||Animation/Comedy/Family|
|Out||May 22, 2020||Animation||9 minutes||English|
|The Undefeated Presents: Hamilton In-Depth with Kelley Carter||July 3, 2020||Historical/Musical/Talk Show||33 minutes||ESPN|
|Once Upon a Snowman||October 23, 2020||Animation/Comedy/Coming of Age/Family/Fantasy||12 minutes||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Burrow||December 25, 2020||Animation/Family||6 minutes||Catalan/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Icelandic/Italian/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Pixar Animation Studios|
|22 vs. Earth||April 30, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Family/Fantasy||9 minutes|
|The Force Awakens from Its Nap||May 4, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Parody/Science Fiction||3 minutes||20th Television Animation|
|Star Wars Biomes||Science Fiction||18 minutes||English||Lucasfilm|
|American Eid||May 28, 2021||Drama||21 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Dinner is Served||Coming of Age/Drama||21 minutes|
|Growing Fangs||Coming of Age/Fantasy||19 minutes|
|The Last of the Chupacabras||Fantasy||14 minutes|
|Let's Be Tigers||Drama||15 minutes|
|The Little Prince(ss)||19 minutes|
|The Good, the Bart, and the Loki||July 7, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Parody/Science Fiction||6 minutes||Cantonese/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||20th Television Animation|
|Disney Princess Remixed - An Ultimate Princess Celebration||August 27, 2021||Family/Music/Variety||21 minutes||English||Disney|
|Twenty Something||September 10, 2021||Animation/Family||10 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Pixar Animation Studios|
|Nona||September 17, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Family||8 minutes|
|Ciao Alberto||November 12, 2021||Animation/Comedy/Family/Fantasy||8 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Taiwanese Mandarin||Pixar Animation Studios|
|The Making of Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles||Concert Film/Music||30 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Mandarin/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Taiwanese Mandarin|
|Marvel Studios' 2021 Disney+ Day Special||N/A||14 minutes||English||Marvel Studios|
|Pixar's 2021 Disney+ Day Special||4 minutes||Pixar Animation Studios|
|The Simpsons in Plusaversary||Animation/Comedy||5 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||20th Television Animation|
|Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett||N/A||21 minutes||English||Lucasfilm|
|The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special||Holiday 2022||N/A||N/A||N/A||Marvel Studios|
|Untitled Werewolf by Night special||N/A|
- Main article: List of returning programming on Disney+
- Muppets Live Another Day - An original comedy series planned to have featured the Muppets and Josh Gad that would have taken place after the events of The Muppets Take Manhattan. It was cancelled due to creative differences.
- Book of Enchantments - An adaptation of Serena Valentino's book series exploring the origins of various Disney Villains in a shared universe setting.
- Kingdom Keepers - An adaptation of the book series to have been headed by Kevin Smith planned to have featured Russell Brand as Captain Hook as the lead villain. Rejected after new management in the division decided it used "too much Disney IP" despite having been greenlit as a "Disney version of the Avengers".
- Lizzie McGuire revival series — a continuation of the Disney Channel series, meant to focus on an adult McGuire living in New York City. It was cancelled due to creative differences from the show's creator Terri Minsky.
- Untitled Oswald the Lucky Rabbit series - Developed by Matt Danner, a pitch for a streaming Oswald the Lucky Rabbit series was developed alongside Legend of the Three Caballeros, with its existence being revealed through animation union blogs. While it was long speculated that a full series was finished and vaulted much like Three Caballeros, Matt Danner has clarified that only a pilot was produced before the project's cancellation.
Edits and omissions
- Despite the disclaimer saying that they are presented as created, the version of Fantasia used on Disney+ has Sunflower removed, and The Three Little Pigs has the Big Bad Wolf's Fuller Brush Man disguise instead of the original Jewish peddler disguise. In addition, Santa's Workshop is missing a scene of a stereotypical black doll that says "Mammy!" while throwing out its arms, a la Al Jolson.
- The TaleSpin episodes "Last Horizons" and "Flying Dupes," and the Darkwing Duck episode "Hot Spells" are not available, though the TaleSpin episodes were released on DVD.
- The Toon Disney edits of TaleSpin episodes are used on this service, instead of the original versions which were previously released on DVD.
- The Proud Family episode "Don't Leave Home Without It" is omitted from all digital services due to music licensing issues.
- Some of Disney's animated films on Disney+ have some minor edits:
- The Sword in the Stone uses the UK release, which partially censors Madam Mim's line: "Sounds like someone's sick. How lovely. I do hope it's serious; something dreadful." The "serious/dreadful" part was cut.
- The dryer was replaced by a pizza box in Lilo & Stitch due to the concern of children hiding in their dryers (though this edit was already present in the film's UK release).
- The Return of Jafar contains the same edits as the 2005 Special Edition DVD which removes several frames of Genie Jafar's skeleton when electrocuted near the end of the film, and is presented in a cropped 16:9 widescreen format (though this edit was already present in the film's Blu-Ray release). This aspect ratio is used in Aladdin and the King of Thieves.
- Splash is changed, with some of Madison's nude scenes being either cropped or obscured by way of digitally extended hair.
- Various very brief instances of material in The Rescuers, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid that were removed after they gained publicity are also removed on Disney+.
- The version of Adventures in Babysitting used on Disney+ is the broadcast television edit with all profanity edited.
- The Santa Clause has the inappropriate phone number replaced.
- The National Geographic documentary Free Solo has all instances of profanity censored.
- In Aladdin, the song "Arabian Nights" uses the modified lyrics.
- All episodes of Andi Mack featuring actor Stoney Westmoreland are unavailable following his arrest for sexual assault. All episodes featuring the actor are still available to stream on Disney+ in Japan.
- Three episodes of The Simpsons are unavailable to stream on Disney+:
- "Stark Raving Dad," which features Michael Jackson, is unavailable on the service. The show's producers withdrew the episode from circulation following the release of the documentary film Leaving Neverland, which details allegations of child sexual assault against Jackson.
- "Thirty Minutes over Tokyo" is unavailable on Disney+ in Japan, due in part of one scene depicting the then Emperor of Japan Akihito, and shown in a disrespectful manner. Other elements seen as disrespectful to Japan and its culture are contained in the episode.
- "Goo Goo Gai Pan" is unavailable on Disney+ in Hong Kong, due to references to the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre and a scene depicting former Chinese Communist dictator Mao Zedong.
- Some episodes of Tron: Uprising and The Little Mermaid TV series are not available.
- The Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place had some scenes of minor cleavage blurred.
- The 1967 live-action film, The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin was edited to remove racial slurs.
- Several Bluey episodes have many content from the original Australian airings changed or removed to "suit" American audiences (even though the Bluey episodes were originally aired on ABC Kids without any editing changes and later released on DVD in Australia only).
- "Markets" removes the horse doing a poop before Bluey Heeler and Indy run away.
- In another episode, "Chickenrat", the sauerkraut makes Bandit Heeler sneeze (he burped in the original Australian airing of the episode).
- The "BBQ" episode replaces the word "capsicum" (from the original Australian airing) with "pepper".
- The ending of the episode, "Taxi" removes the part where Bingo Heeler pretends to barf on Bandit.
- The episode "Daddy Putdown" is missing the part when Bingo Heeler asks Bandit Heeler how babies get in the mother’s belly. This was removed since, in Disney’s eyes, it was a bit too cheeky and inappropriate.
- The episode "Teasing" uses the AUS September 2020 edited version, where a racial scene with the word "ooga booga" was removed due to a complaint by a viewer stating that the episode included a term with racial connotations and a problematic history for Black people. The aforementioned word was changed to "Shooby-doowah".
- In the season 2 episode, "Trains", Bluey Heeler's line, “It’s a piece of poo” (from the original Australian airing) was changed to “That’s a slug”.
- The season 2 episode, "Flat Pack" uses the AUS August 2020 edited version, where another racial scene with the word "ooga booga" was also removed. The aforementioned word was changed to "Ooh ooh".
- In the season 2 episode "Escape", the word "axe" (from the original AUS airing) was changed to "pick".
- The Toy Story 2 outtake of Stinky Pete promising a role in the sequel to two twin Barbie dolls was removed after 2018 to avoid any #MeToo-related controversy.
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride uses the cuts from the 2004 release and is in widescreen ratio.
- In Hamilton, two "F words" were omitted from "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)" and "Washington on Your Side"; however, a third, partially unfinished one used in "Say No to This" is retained. This was to prevent the film from receiving an R rating.
- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends omitted one episode from the service, featuring Nazi imagery and Nazi agent Red Skull. Additionally, the series' third episode features a warning about racially insensitive content regarding stereotypes of Asians.
- In 2021, films such as Peter Pan, The Aristocats, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book, Aladdin (alongside the two sequels), and the live-action Swiss Family Robinson, were removed from kids' Disney+ profiles due to negative depictions of people and cultures. Said films are still viewable on regular Disney+ profiles, with the enhanced content advisory warnings.
- Strangely one film Pocahontas was kept in the children’s profiles and wasn’t given the 10 second description in spite of containing the regarded themes.
- Disney’s 1946 compilation film Make Mine Music is not available on the service due to regarding themes including sexualized imagery in "All the Cats Join In" and intense gunplay violence in "The Martins and the Coys".
- Song of the South is unavailable on the service; the full film has never been released on home video or digitally in the U.S. It has also been withdrawn from all media. The other is Victory Through Air Power, which has been banned from all media.
- The FOX television series American Dad! and Family Guy on the Star hub of international versions of Disney+ were altered to remove profanities. Additionally, the Family Guy episode "Partial Terms of Endearment" is not available on the service, due to its controversial nature.
- Despite this, and the show's controversial state in-general, oddly enough, some more of the most controversial episodes of Family Guy can still be streamed such as "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein", which was originally delayed from its original release in 2000 as it was feared to have been viewed by audiences as anti-Semitic, and would take three to four years before it would've finally aired on television syndication after the episode was referred to have been 'banned' on home video, as well as the episode "420", which was controversial for its campaign statement that cannabis should be legalized, which resulted in the episode and the whole series being banned from syndication entirely from the Venezuelan government, and lastly, the episode "Extra Large Medium", which was controversial for parodying characters that stereotyped and made fun of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and her special needs son, or otherwise, portraying somebody with a disability in a cruel fashion. While the writers and Seth MacFarlane defended the episode, the voice actor for the character Joe Swanson, Patrick Warburton did not, and instead sided with Sarah, stating in an interview that he agreed that the episode went too far and said "I know that you have to be an equal-opportunity offender, but there are some things that I just don't think are funny."
- Pepper Ann was never released on home video including VHS or DVD, but digitalized and part of Disney's One Saturday Morning.
- Select episodes of The Muppet Show include content advisories warning of outdated cultural depictions and negative depictions of people and cultures.
- Two episodes of DuckTales are missing: "Sphinx for the Memories" and "Launchpad's Civil War". This is despite the fact that both episodes were released on DVD.
- Muppet Classic Theater and The Spirit of Mickey were exclusively released on VHS.
- In some countries outside the United States, the 11th episode of Star vs. the Forces of Evil is not available. In Southern Asia, the episode "Just Friends" has the infamous same-gender kiss scene subdued.
Unedited or restored content
- The version of Clock Cleaners used on Disney+ partially restores Donald Duck's argument with the mainspring, where he yells at it, "Says you!" (and it answers back, "Says I!"), but his calling it a "snake in the grass" is replaced with garbled squawking, as was the case when the cartoon was featured on the Walt Disney Treasures DVD set, "Mickey Mouse in Living Color", and beyond.
- The version of Melody Time used on Disney+ fully restores Pecos Bill's cigarette, as well as his run-in with a tribe of painted Indians, which were last seen on the 1980s VHS American Heroes (although they were also released uncut on Japanese laserdisc in 1987 and on the UK DVD release in 2000).
- Likewise, the version of Saludos Amigos on Disney+ restores Goofy's cigarette in the "El Gaucho Goofy" segment, which was cut from the Gold Collection and Classic Caballeros Collection DVD releases, but restored when the film was released as a bonus on the DVD release of Walt & El Grupo.
- The version of An Extremely Goofy Movie on Disney+ keeps the infamous flaming X scene which is often cut from American television airings intact.
- Phineas and Ferb retains the withdrawn episodes "Ready for the Bettys", "The Flyin' Fishmonger", and "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown".
- Unfortunately, the episode "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne" is absent from the service owing to Kelly Osbourne's controversy in 2015.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past began streaming on Disney+ on July 10, 2020, with both nudity and profanity intact.
- The Wolverine began streaming on Disney+ on September 4, 2020, with profanity intact.
- The Fault in Our Stars began streaming on Disney+ on September 25, 2020, with both sexual scenes and profanity intact.
- Turner & Hooch and Home Alone retains all instances of profanity.
- The Simpsons Movie retains all instances of profanity, nudity, and other more mature content.
- Aladdin and The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show are currently the only shows from The Disney Afternoon that have yet to be made available for streaming on Disney+.
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop (both of which use the HD prints from the digital releases) are cropped for a widescreen presentation.
- Meanwhile, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, which was produced in widescreen, is cropped to a 4.3 aspect ratio.
- Pepper Ann is released in high-pitched PAL format.
- Phil of the Future's episodes are in the airing order, and not in the chronological (production) order.
- The Roger Rabbit short "Roller Coaster Rabbit" is only available as an extra on Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The other shorts, "Tummy Trouble" and "Trail Mix-Up", are individually available on the service.
- Only the first season of The Replacements is available while the second season did not occur in this service.
- Darby O'Gill and the Little People uses a theatrical re-release version with a cropped widescreen aspect ratio and re-dubbed voices that lose the more authentic Irish accents.
- Canine Caddy, originally released as a Mickey Mouse cartoon, even though it was officially a Pluto cartoon, has the opening and closing titles replace Mickey's head and name with Pluto's. Oddly, the music used in the opening is replaced by the post-1947 Pluto opening theme.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, certain films which were originally slated as theatrical premieres were instead launched on Disney+ or are slated to launch on Disney+. These include Artemis Fowl and The One and Only Ivan. Onward was released theatrically, but made available on Disney+ two weeks after its theatrical premiere due to closures because of the pandemic. Frozen II was also made available on the service far earlier than originally planned. The live-action version of Mulan has been announced a premium release on the service beginning on September 4, 2020 where the service is available, due to the continued closure of theaters in many markets (but banned from theaters). Soul was the first Pixar film to skip theaters due to the pandemic, followed by Luca and Turning Red.
- All the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse specials are split into two episodes, with one of the characters providing a recap of the first part at the beginning of the second part.
- All the Phineas and Ferb specials have been divided into two episodes. In addition, Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel and Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars are also available in their original combined release as separate titles.
- Deep Blue is currently the only Miramax film whose rights have been retained by Disney to stream on Disney+, despite Disney selling off the Miramax library in 2010.
- It is also the the only film from a major studio outside of Disney to stream on Disney+.
- Disney+ is a paid service. There are two payments users can do before subscribing: $7/month or $70/year (US).
- Not all the original Disney films are not to be available on this service. A notable example of which is the live-action film with non-CG animation Song of the South. Other films which have this fate or will be available soon are Make Mine Music, Victory Through Air Power, Summer Magic, The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, In Search of the Castaways, The Legend of Lobo, Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book, The Monkey's Uncle, The Brave Little Toaster, Savage Sam, No Deposit, No Return, etc., several live-action films with non-CG animated elements like So Dear to My Heart, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and The Watcher in the Woods, and also short films such as Mother Goose Goes Hollywood, Hooked Bear, In the Bag, Moose Hunters, Wynken, Blynken and Nod, Mickey's Surprise Party, Woodland Café, Orphans' Picnic, A Cowboy Needs a Horse, The Little House, Cock o' the Walk, The Worm Turns, The Autograph Hound, Who Killed Cock Robin?, Merbabies, Paul Bunyan, Donald in Mathmagic Land, Melody, Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom, A Symposium on Popular Songs, etc.
- Some of Disney's original animated shows, like The Wuzzles, The Buzz on Maggie, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Dave the Barbarian, and Shorty McShorts' Shorts, have yet to appear on the service.
- Notably Shorty McShorts' Shorts remains abandoned after that controversial finale.
- Not all the shows of Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior are available on this service yet. Some notable examples of which are Stanley, JoJo's Circus, Sofia the First, Welcome to Pooh Corner, Dumbo's Circus, and Bear in the Big Blue House.
- More films from 20th Century Studios and its subsidiaries that ended its Pay 1 window on HBO/HBO Max will be added to this service.
- There are collections by a different category with films and shows under the search tab within the service.
- As part of the Asia-pacific contents expansion, licensed content from East Asia and Southeast Asia are only available in Asia markets, and some anime hits are only available in Japan (except anime co-financed by Bilibili, one of Disney+ Asia contents partner from China).