It started as a domestic service in the United States, and then expanded internationally after Fall 2019. The service is the exclusive home to Disney-owned original content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic channels.
Disney+ was launched early in the Netherlands on September 12, 2019 as a free trial. It officially launched in the Netherlands, United States and Canada on November 12, 2019 just before 3:00 a.m. EST (UTC–5). Disney+ launched in Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico on November 19, 2019, and launched in Austria, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, Ireland, and Switzerland on March 24, 2020. Disney+ is expected to launch in Eastern Europe, over the course of a year, and Latin America, over the course of three months, both starting in October 2020. In Spain, a linear Disney+ TV channel launched alongside the streaming service, which broadcasts programming from Disney+. It's available exclusively on Movistar+, their release partner in the region.
In December 2019, it was announced that Canal+ would be the exclusive distributor of Disney+ in France. Three days before the launch, Kevin Mayer, chairman of the Direct-to-Consumer & International division, announced that Disney+ is delaying its launch in France until April 7, instead of the original March 24 date, because of a request from the French government to prevent internet gridlock as the response to the COVID-19 pandemic placing additional strain on communications networks.
In February 2020, Iger announced that it planned to launch Disney+ in India on March 29, 2020 by means of its existing service Hotstar, rebranding its paid tiers as a co-branded service. Hotstar was acquired by Disney during the Fox purchase, and has been the dominant streaming service in the country.
In April 2020, it was announced that Disney+ original content will be licensed to pay TV and streaming operator OSN, starting on April 9, in 17 countries of the Middle East and North Africa region with Disney noting that they had no current "plan to launch Disney+ as a standalone service in the region in the near future".
The service launched in Japan on June 11, 2020 as part of Disney's existing partnership with NTT Docomo, and succeeded their existing Disney Deluxe service in the region for the Disney+ Originals.
Disney+ launched in Indonesia through Hotstar on September 5, 2020, and in Portugal, Belgium, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark and Greenland on September 15, 2020, and in Latin America and the Caribbean on November 17, 2020.
On December 10, 2020, Disney announced that the service would expand to Singapore on February 23, 2021. Disney plans to launch Disney+ in South Korea and Hong Kong in 2021. It was also announced that the same day, Disney+ will also begin offering general entertainment content in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore via the branded portal Star in select international markets (taking its branding from Disney's pay television businesses in Asia). Similarly to Hulu, Star will include films and series from the Walt Disney Television and 20th Century Studios libraries that fall outside of Disney's core franchises (including ABC, FX, and Freeform programs).
|Release date||Country/Territory||Release partner|
|November 12, 2019||Canada|
|November 19, 2019||Australia|
|March 24, 2020||Austria|
|April 2, 2020||Channel Islands|
|Isle of Man|
|April 3, 2020||India||Hotstar|
|April 7, 2020||France||Canal+|
|April 30, 2020||Monaco|
|Wallis and Futuna||Canal+ Calédonie|
|French West Indies||Canal+ Caraïbes|
|June 11, 2020||Japan||NTT Docomo|
|September 5, 2020||Indonesia||Hotstar|
|September 15, 2020||Belgium|
|October 2, 2020||Réunion||Canal+ Réunion|
|November 17, 2020||Latin America and the Caribbean||Cablevisión (Argentina)|
Izzi Telecom (Mexico)
|Brazil||Globoplay, Bradesco, Next, Mercado Livre and Vivo|
|February 23, 2021||Singapore||StarHub|
|Lady and the Tramp||November 12, 2019||Action-Adventure/Comedy/Family/Romance||1 hr. 51 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Noelle||Comedy/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 40 minutes|
|One Day at Disney||December 3, 2019||Documentary/Family||1 hr. 1 minute||Disney Publishing Worldwide|
|Arendelle Castle Yule Log||December 13, 2019||Animation/Family||3 hr. 1 minute||English||Disney|
|Togo||December 20, 2019||Action-Adventure/Animals & Nature/Family/Historical/Survival||1 hr. 56 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made||February 7, 2020||Buddy/Comedy/Family/Mystery||1 hr. 43 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish|
|Stargirl||March 13, 2020||Coming of Age/Drama/Musical/Romance||1 hr. 47 minutes|
|Diving with Dolphins||April 3, 2020||Animals & Nature/Documentary/Family||1 hr. 19 minutes||Cantonese/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Disneynature|
|Dolphin Reef||1 hr. 17 minutes|
|Elephant||1 hr. 29 minutes|
|In the Footsteps of Elephant||1 hr. 28 minutes|
|Penguins: Life on the Edge||1 hr. 18 minutes|
|A Celebration of the Music from Coco||April 10, 2020||Concert Film/Music/Musical||47 minutes||English||Disney|
|Artemis Fowl||June 12, 2020||Action-Adventure/Crime/Fantasy/Science Fiction||1 hr. 35 minutes||Dutch/English/French/Italian/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Hamilton: History Has Its Eyes on You||July 10, 2020||Historical/Musical/Talk Show||46 minutes||English||Disney|
|Black is King||July 31, 2020||Dance/Music/Musical||1 hr. 25 minutes||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Howard||August 7, 2020||Biographical/Documentary/Music||1 hr. 34 minutes||English/Spanish||Stone Circle Pictures|
|Magic Camp||August 14, 2020||Comedy/Family||1 hr. 40 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|The One and Only Ivan||August 21, 2020||Drama/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 35 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Portuguese/Spanish|
|Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe||August 28, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Family/Science Fiction||1 hr. 26 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish||Disney Television Animation|
|Mulan||September 4, 2020 (Premier Access)
December 4, 2020
|Action-Adventure/Coming of Age/Drama/Fantasy||1 hr. 56 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Mandarin/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Secret Society of Second-Born Royals||September 25, 2020||Action-Adventure/Coming of Age/Family/Fantasy/Superhero||1 hr. 39 minutes||Disney Channel|
|Clouds||October 16, 2020||Biographical/Drama/Music||2 hr. 2 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Wayfarer Studios|
|The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special||November 17, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Kids/Science Fiction||47 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Lucasfilm|
|The Real Right Stuff||November 20, 2020||Documentary/Historical||1 hr. 30 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||National Geographic|
|Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions||November 25, 2020||Documentary/Music||1 hr. 46 minutes||English||Taylor Swift Productions|
|Black Beauty||November 27, 2020||Animals & Nature/Coming of Age/Drama||1 hr. 50 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Constantin Film|
|Godmothered||December 4, 2020||Comedy/Family/Fantasy||1 hr. 53 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|High School Musical: The Musical: The Holiday Special||December 11, 2020||Drama/Music/Romance/Romantic Comedy||45 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish||Disney Channel|
|Safety||Biographical/Drama/Sports||2 hr. 2 minutes||English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Portuguese/Spanish||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Arendelle Castle Yule Log 2.0||December 18, 2020||Animation/Family||3 hr. 0 minutes||English||Disney|
|Dory's Reef Cam||3 hr. 1 minute||Pixar|
|Soul||December 25, 2020||Animation/Comedy/Family/Fantasy/Music||1 hr. 46 minutes||Catalan/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Icelandic/Italian/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish|
|Marvel's Behind the Mask||February 12, 2021||Anthology/Documentary||1 hr. 4 minutes||Cantonese/Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish||Marvel Entertainment|
|Flora & Ulysses||February 19, 2021||Comedy/Coming of Age/Drama/Family||1 hr. 35 minutes||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Raya and the Last Dragon||March 5, 2021 (Premier Access)||N/A||N/A||N/A||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Assembled: The Making of WandaVision||March 12, 2021||Marvel Studios|
|Own the Room||National Geographic|
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid||20th Century Studios|
|Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again||20th Century Animation|
|Sneakerella||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Untitled Mickey Mouse documentary||Disney|
|Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers||Spring 2022||Walt Disney Pictures|
|The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild||Early 2022||20th Century Studios|
|Cheaper by the Dozen||2022|
|Crater||21 Laps Entertainment|
|Three Men and a Baby||Walt Disney Pictures|
|29 Dates||N/A||Gotham Group|
|Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day reboot||The Jim Henson Company|
|Aloha Rodeo||Walt Disney Pictures|
|The Chris Paul project||Disney|
|Disenchanted||Walt Disney Pictures|
|The Grimm Legacy|
|Hocus Pocus 2|
|Home Alone||20th Century Studios|
|The Keanon Lowe project||Disney|
|Miraculous World: Shanghai – Lady Dragon (U.S. Premiere)||Zagtoon|
|Once on This Island||Disney|
|The Paper Magician|
|Peter Pan & Wendy||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Sister Act 3|
|Soy Luna: The Last Concert||N/A|
|Star Wars: A Droid Story||Lucasfilm|
|Untitled basketball film||ABC Studios|
|Untitled Croatia documentary||Disney|
|Untitled Father of the Bride remake|
|Untitled Hercules remake|
|Untitled Inspector Gadget remake|
|Untitled Lilo & Stitch remake|
|Untitled The Parent Trap remake|
|Untitled Prince Anders spin-off|
|Untitled Rio spin-off||20th Century Studios|
|Untitled Robin Hood remake||Disney|
|Untitled SpaceCamp remake||20th Century Studios|
|Untitled Splash remake||Disney|
|Untitled The Sword in the Stone remake|
|Untitled Under Wraps remake|
|Untitled Youth Orchestra Los Angeles documentary|
|Wouldn't It Be Nice|
|Disney Family Sundays||November 12, 2019||Anthology/Family/Lifestyle||1||6-10 min.||Disney||Cancelled|
|Encore!||Music/Reality||52-59 min.||Olive Bridge Entertainment||Ongoing|
|High School Musical: The Musical: The Series||November 12, 2019 (Season 1)
2021 (Season 2)
|Comedy/Drama/Music/Romance/Romantic Comedy||30-39 min.||Disney Channel|
|The Imagineering Story||November 12, 2019||Docuseries/Historical||62-69 min.||Iwerks & Co.||Cancelled|
|Legend of the Three Caballeros (U.S. Premiere)||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Kids||24 min.||Disney Digital Network|
|The Mandalorian||November 12, 2019 (Season 1)
October 30, 2020 (Season 2)
2022 (Season 3)
|Action-Adventure/Family/Science Fiction||2||33-55 min.||Lucasfilm||Ongoing|
|Marvel's Hero Project||November 12, 2019||Docuseries/Family||1||23-29 min.||Marvel Entertainment|
|Pixar: In Real Life||Anthology/Comedy/Family/Reality||5-7 min.||Pixar|
|The World According to Jeff Goldblum||November 12, 2020 (Season 1)
2021 (Season 2)
|Docuseries||24-31 min.||Natonal Geographic|
|One Day at Disney||December 6, 2019||Anthology/Docuseries/Family||5-9 min.||Disney Publishing Worldwide|
|Pick of the Litter||December 20, 2019||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||27-36 min.||ABC Studios|
|Diary of a Future President||January 17, 2020 (Season 1)
2021 (Season 2)
|Comedy/Coming of Age/Family||26-30 min.||CBS Studios|
|Short Circuit||January 24, 2020||Animation/Anthology/Family||5-8 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings (Season 2)||February 14, 2020||Docuseries/Family/Lifestyle||36-41 min.||T Group Productions|
|Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Season 7)||February 21, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Science Fiction||21-30 min.||Lucasfilm Animation||Cancelled|
|101 Dalmatian Street (U.S. Premiere)||February 28, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Comedy/Coming of Age||23 min.||Atomic Cartoons||Ongoing|
|Marvel's Future Avengers (U.S. Premiere)||Action-Adventure/Animation/Anime/Science Fiction/Superhero||2||23-24 min.||Madhouse||Cancelled|
|Shop Class||Competition/Game Show||1||41-45 min.||Disney||Ongoing|
|Disney Insider||March 20, 2020||Anthology/Docuseries||17-23 min.|
|Be Our Chef||March 27, 2020||Competition/Family/Game Show||24-28 min.|
|Prop Culture||May 1, 2020||Docuseries||29-36 min.|
|Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian||May 4, 2020 (Season 1)
December 25, 2020 (Season 2)
|Action-Adventure/Family/Science Fiction/Talk Show||2||19-65 min.||Lucasfilm|
|It's a Dog's Life with Bill Farmer||May 15, 2020||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||1||21-23 min.||Dog Tale Productions, Inc|
|The Big Fib||May 22, 2020||Competition/Family/Game Show||22-26 min.||Haymaker TV|
|Zenimation||Animation/Anthology/Family||6-7 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Into the Unknown: Making Frozen II||June 26, 2020||Docuseries/Family||28-42 min.||Walt Disney Animation Studios||Cancelled|
|Rogue Trip||July 24, 2020||Docuseries||34-39 min.||National Geographic||Ongoing|
|Muppets Now||July 31, 2020||Comedy/Family/Lifestyle/Parody/Variety||23-25 min.||The Muppets Studio|
|Weird But True! (Season 3)||August 14, 2020||Animals & Nature/Kids/Variety||23-26 min.||National Geographic|
|Earth to Ned||September 4, 2020
2021 (Season 2)
|Comedy/Parody/Science Fiction/Talk Show||23-27 min.||The Jim Henson Company|
|Becoming||September 18, 2020||Biographical/Docuseries/Sports||24-25 min.||Disney|
|The Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom||September 25, 2020||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||36-41 min.||National Geographic|
|The Right Stuff||October 9, 2020||Drama/Historical||45-53 min.|
|Meet the Chimps||October 16, 2020||Animals & Nature/Docuseries/Family||35-41 min.|
|Inside Pixar||November 13, 2020||Docuseries/Family||12-16 min.||Pixar|
|The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse||November 18, 2020||Action-Adventure/Animation/Anthology/Comedy/Kids||9 min.||Disney Television Animation|
|Marvel's 616||November 20, 2020||Anthology/Docuseries||39-71 min.||Marvel Entertainment|
|On Pointe||December 18, 2020||Dance/Docuseries/Family||39-52 min.||Imagine Documentaries|
|Marvel Studios: Legends||January 8, 2021||Docuseries||7-8 min.||Marvel Studios|
|WandaVision||January 15, 2021||Drama/Mystery/Romance/Science Fiction/Super Hero||30-42 min.|
|Pixar Popcorn||January 22, 2021||Animation/Anthology/Family||2-5 min.||Pixar|
|The Falcon and the Winter Soldier||March 19, 2021||N/A||N/A||N/A||Marvel Studios||Unreleased|
|The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers||March 26, 2021||ABC Signature|
|Secrets of the Whales||April 22, 2021||National Geographic|
|Loki||May 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Monsters at Work||Spring 2021||Pixar|
|What If...?||Summer 2021 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Dug Days||Fall 2021||Pixar|
|Ms. Marvel||Marvel Studios|
|Just Beyond||20th Century Studios|
|Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett||December, 2021||Lucasfilm|
|Hawkeye||Late 2021||Marvel Studios|
|Big Shot||2021||ABC Signature|
|Chip 'n' Dale||Disney|
|Doogie Kameāloha, M.D.||20th Century Studios|
|Growing Up Animal||Wall to Wall Media|
|Limitless With Chris Hemsworth||National Geographic|
|The Mysterious Benedict Society||20th Television|
|People & Places||Disney|
|The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder (Season 3)||Hyperion Pictures|
|A Real Bug's Life||National Geographic|
|Star Wars: The Bad Batch||Lucasfilm|
|Star Wars: Visions|
|Turner & Hooch||20th Television|
|Welcome to Earth||National Geographic|
|Zootopia+||Spring 2022||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Armor Wars||2022||Marvel Studios|
|Iwájú||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Moon Knight||Marvel Studios|
|Star Wars: Andor||2022 (Season 1)
N/A (Season 2)
|Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi||2022|
|Win or Lose||Fall 2023||Pixar|
|Moana, The Series||2023||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Behind the Attraction||N/A||Disney|
|The Biggest Star in Appleton||20th Century Studios|
|Darkwing Duck reboot||Disney|
|Explorer Academy||National Geographic|
|First Gen||20th Television|
|Genius (Season 4)||National Geographic|
|I Am Groot||Marvel Studios|
|Ink & Paint||Disney|
|Launchpad: Shorts Incubator||Disney|
|Life and Deaf|
|The Night Market|
|Parenting Without Borders|
|Percy Jackson and the Olympians||20th Century Studios|
|The Quest (Season 2)||Disney|
|Secret Guide to Celestial Creatures||20th Television|
|The Society of Explorers and Adventurers|
|Star Wars: The Acolyte||Lucasfilm|
|Star Wars: Ahsoka|
|Star Wars: Lando|
|Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic|
|Swiss Family Robinson||Disney|
|Untitled Diary of a Wimpy Kid series||20th Century Studios|
|Untitled Feyenoord docuseries||Disney|
|Untitled Firefly reboot||20th Television|
|Untitled Ice Age series||20th Century Studios|
|Untitled Kingdom Hearts series||Disney|
|Untitled Kingdom of Wakanda series||Marvel Studios|
|Untitled National Treasure series||Disney|
|Untitled The Sandlot series||20th Century Studios|
|Untitled SparkShorts documentary||Pixar|
|Float||November 12, 2019||Animation/Family/Fantasy||9 minutes||Pixar|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Money?||Animation/Comedy/Family||5 minutes|
|Marvel Studios: Expanding the Universe||Documentary||12 minutes||English||Marvel Studios|
|Smash and Grab||Animation/Buddy/Science Fiction/Survival||8 minutes||Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Friend?||November 15, 2019||Animation/Comedy/Family||5 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Art?||November 22, 2019||6 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Time?||November 29, 2019|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Love?||December 6, 2019|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Computer?||December 13, 2019|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Leader?||December 20, 2019||Animation/Comedy/Family||3 minutes||Dutch/English/French/German/Spanish|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is a Pet?||December 27, 2019||4 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Cheese?||January 3, 2020||3 minutes|
|Forky Asks a Question: What is Reading?||January 10, 2020||4 minutes|
|Lamp Life||January 31, 2020||Animation/Comedy/Family|
|Out||May 22, 2020||Animation||9 minutes||English|
|The Undefeated Presents: Hamilton In-Depth with Kelley Carter||July 3, 2020||Historical/Musical/Talk Show||33 minutes||ESPN|
|Once Upon a Snowman||October 23, 2020||Animation/Comedy/Coming of Age/Family/Fantasy||12 minutes||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|Burrow||December 25, 2020||Animation/Family||6 minutes||Catalan/Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Icelandic/Italian/Norwegian/Polish/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish||Pixar|
|The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special||December 2022||N/A||N/A||N/A||Marvel Studios|
- Main article: List of returning programming on Disney+
- Muppets Live Another Day - An original comedy series planned to have featured the Muppets and Josh Gad that would have taken place after the events of The Muppets Take Manhattan.
- Book of Enchantments - An adaptation of Serena Valentino's book series exploring the origins of various Disney Villains in a shared universe setting.
- Kingdom Keepers - An adaptation of the book series to have been headed by Kevin Smith planned to have featured Russell Brand as Captain Hook as the lead villain. Rejected after new management in the division decided it used "too much Disney IP" despite having been greenlit as a "Disney version of the Avengers".
- Lizzie McGuire revival series — a continuation of the Disney Channel series, meant to focus on an adult McGuire living in New York City. It was cancelled due to creative differences.
- Despite the disclaimer saying that they are presented as created, the version of Fantasia used on Disney+ has Sunflower removed, and The Three Little Pigs has the Big Bad Wolf's Fuller Brush Man disguise instead of the original Jewish peddler disguise. In addition, Santa's Workshop is missing a scene of a stereotypical black doll that says "Mammy!" while throwing out its arms, a la Al Jolson.
- The banned TaleSpin episodes "Last Horizons" and "Flying Dupes" and the banned Darkwing Duck episode "Hot Spells" are not available on this service (even though the TaleSpin episodes were released on DVD).
- The Toon Disney edits of TaleSpin episodes are used on this service (despite the episodes having been released uncut on DVD).
- Some of Disney's animated films on Disney+ have some minor edits:
- The Sword in the Stone uses the UK release, which partially censors Madam Mim's line: "Sounds like someone's sick. How lovely. I do hope it's serious; something dreadful." The "serious/dreadful" part was cut.
- The dryer was replaced by a pizza box in Lilo & Stitch due to concern of children hiding in the dryer (though this edit was already present in the film's UK release).
- The Return Of Jafar contains the same edits as the 2005 Special Edition DVD which censors several frames of Genie Jafar's skeleton when electrocuted near the end of the film, and is presented in a cropped 16:9 widescreen format (though this edit was already present in the film's Blu-Ray release).
- Splash is censored, with some of Madison's nude scenes being either cropped or censored by way of digitally extended hair.
- The version of Adventures in Babysitting used on Disney+ is the TV airing version which censors all swearing.
- The National Geographic documentary Free Solo also censors all instances of swearing.
- Several animated films have had their original variant of the Walt Disney Pictures logo replaced with the 2006/2011 variant, those films include:
- All episodes of Andi Mack featuring actor Stoney Westmoreland, are unavailable on the service, following his allegations, and subsequent arrest of sexual assault.
- The Simpsons episode "Stark Raving Dad" is unavailable on Disney+, following the release of the documentary film Leaving Neverland, which details allegations against Michael Jackson of child sexual assault.
- Some episodes of Tron: Uprising and The Little Mermaid TV series were removed from the service.
- The Disney Channel original series Wizards of Waverly Place had some scenes of minor cleavage blurred.
- The 1967 live-action film, The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin was edited to remove racial slurs.
- Several Bluey episodes have many content from the original Australian airings changed or removed to "suit" American audiences (even though the Bluey episodes were originally aired on ABC Kids without any editing changes and later released on DVD in Australia only).
- "Markets" removes the horse doing a poop before Bluey Heeler and Indy run away.
- In another episode, "Chickenrat", the sauerkraut makes Bandit Heeler sneeze (he burped in the original Australian airing of the episode).
- The "BBQ" episode replaces the word "capsicum" (from the original Australian airing) with "pepper".
- The ending of the episode, "Taxi" removes the part where Bingo Heeler pretends to barf on Bandit.
- The episode "Daddy Putdown" is missing the part when Bingo Heeler asks Bandit Heeler how babies get in the mother’s belly. This was removed since, in Disney’s eyes, it was a bit too cheeky and inappropriate.
- The episode "Teasing" uses the AUS September 2020 edited version, where a racial scene with the word "ooga booga" was removed due to a complaint by a viewer stating that the episode included a term with racial connotations and a problematic history for Black people. The aforementioned word was changed to "Shooby-doowah".
- In the season 2 episode, "Trains", Bluey Heeler's line, “It’s a piece of poo” (from the original Australian airing) was changed to “That’s a slug”.
- The season 2 episode, "Flat Pack" uses the AUS August 2020 edited version, where another racial scene with the word "ooga booga" was also removed. The aforementioned word was changed to "Ooh ooh".
- In the season 2 episode "Escape", the word "axe" (from the original AUS airing) was changed to "pick".
- The Toy Story 2 outtake of Stinky Pete promising a role in the sequel to two twin Barbie dolls was removed after 2018 to avoid any #MeToo-related controversy.
- In Hamilton, two "F words" were omitted from "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)" and "Washington on Your Side"; however, a third, partially unfinished one used in "Say No to This" is retained.
- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends omitted one episode from the service, featuring Nazi imagery and Nazi agent Red Skull. Additionally, the series' third episode features a warning about racially insensitive content regarding stereotypes of Asians.
- In 2021, films such as Peter Pan, The Aristocats, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book and the live-action Swiss Family Robinson, were removed from kids Disney+ profiles due to negative depictions of people and cultures. Said films are still viewable on regular Disney+ profiles, with the enhanced content advisory warnings.
- The version of Clock Cleaners used on Disney+ partially restores Donald Duck's argument with the mainspring, where he yells at it, "Says you!" (and it answers back, "Says I!"), but his calling it a "snake in the grass" is replaced with garbled squawking, as was the case when the cartoon was featured on the Walt Disney Treasures DVD set, "Mickey Mouse in Living Color", and beyond.
- The version of Melody Time used on Disney+ fully restores Pecos Bill's cigarette, which was last seen on the 1980s VHS American Heroes.
- Likewise, the version of Saludos Amigos on Disney+ restores Goofy's cigarette in the "El Gaucho Goofy" segment, which was cut from the Gold Collection and Classic Caballeros Collection DVD releases, but restored when the film was released as a bonus on the DVD release of Walt & El Grupo.
- The version of An Extremely Goofy Movie on Disney+ keeps the infamous flaming X scene which is often cut from American television airings intact.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past began streaming on Disney+ in mid-2020, with both nudity and swearing intact.
- The Wolverine began streaming on Disney+ on September 4, 2020, with swearing intact.
- The Fault in Our Stars began streaming on Disney+ on September 25, 2020, with both sexual scenes and swearing intact.
- Home Alone retains all instances of swearing.
- The Simpsons Movie retains all instances of swearing, nudity, and other content.
- Aladdin, Raw Toonage, Marsupillami and The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show are currently the only shows from the Disney Afternoon that have yet to be made available for streaming on Disney+.
- Jungle Cubs, Pepper Ann, Mickey Mouse Works, The Weekenders, House of Mouse, The Legend of Tarzan, Lloyd in Space, Teamo Supremo, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, and Fillmore! are the only shows from Disney's One Saturday Morning that have not been made available for streaming on Disney+.
- For unknown reasons, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop (both of which use the HD prints from the digital releases) are presented in cropped widescreen.
- The live-action telefilm Sammy, the Way-Out Seal is heavily edited down to 43 minutes on Disney+.
- Darby O'Gill and the Little People uses a theatrical re-release version with a cropped widescreen aspect ratio and re-dubbed voices that lose the more authentic Irish accents.
- Due to the Disney/21CF buyout, selected family and teen geared films from 20th Century Studios and its subsidiaries can be watched on Disney+.
- Canine Caddy, originally released as a Mickey Mouse cartoon, even though it was officially a Pluto cartoon, has the opening and closing titles replace Mickey's head and name with Pluto's. Oddly, the music used in the opening is replaced by the post-1947 Pluto opening theme.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, certain films which were originally slated as theatrical premieres were instead launched on Disney+ or are slated to launch on Disney+. These include Artemis Fowl and The One and Only Ivan. Onward was released theatrically, but made available on Disney+ two weeks after its theatrical premiere due to closures because of the pandemic. Frozen II was also made available on the service far earlier than originally planned. The live action version of Mulan has been announced a premium release on the service beginning on September 4, 2020 where the service is available, due to the continued closure of theaters in many markets. Soul has been banned from theaters due to the pandemic because it is available on Christmas Day.
- All the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse specials are split into two episodes, with one of the characters providing a recap of the first part at the beginning of the second part.
- Deep Blue is currently the only Miramax film whose rights have been retained by Disney to stream on Disney+, despite Disney selling off the Miramax library in 2010.
- It is also the the only film from a major studio outside of Disney to stream on Disney+.
- Disney+ is a paid app. There are two payments users can do before subscribing: $7/month or $70/year (US).
- Not all the original Disney films are available on this service. A notable example of which is Song of the South, which is not available because it is "not adapted to today's world". Other films which have this fate are Make Mine Music, several live-action films with non-CG animated elements, and also short films such as Mother Goose Goes Hollywood, Hooked Bear, In the Bag, Wynken, Blynken and Nod, Mickey's Surprise Party, Woodland Café, A Cowboy Needs a Horse, The Little House, etc.