DisneyWar is an exposé of Michael Eisner's 20-year tenure as Chairman and CEO at The Walt Disney Company by James B. Stewart. The book chronicles the careers and interactions of executives at Disney, including Card Walker, Ron W. Miller, Roy E. Disney, Frank Wells, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Michael Ovitz, Joe Roth, Robert Iger and Stan Kinsey. The book was released in 2005, and was published by Simon & Schuster. Its uniqueness was attributed to the large amount of access allowed to Stewart in putting the book together.
Stewart's book describes some of the following:
- Roy E. Disney and Stanley Gold's removal of Disney CEO Ron W. Miller in 1984.
- The struggle to get Who Framed Roger Rabbit made in time and on budget despite the big egos of Robert Zemeckis and Richard Williams.
- Eisner's tension with Frank Wells before Wells's death.
- Eisner's friendship-turned-rivalry with Jeffrey Katzenberg.
- Stan Kinsey's clash with Jeffrey Katzenberg over creating films using computer animation
- Eisner's tension with Michael Ovitz during Ovitz's short-lived presidency.
- The purchase of the ABC Family channel and content, and the fallout resulting from Disney's inability to revive it.
- Roy E. Disney's abrupt resignation in November 2003.
- The Comcast hostile takeover attempt.
- Hilary Duff's decision to quit the Disney Channel because of low salary.
- Pixar's decision not to renew its relationship with Disney.
- Financing of the film Fahrenheit 9/11.
- The 2004 Shareholders' meeting that led to Eisner's resignation as Chairman.
A USA TODAY article by journalist David Lieberman stated that the story "may not sound like a page turner, but DisneyWar is." He referred to Stewart as an "accomplished storyteller who had the luck or foresight to stake out a company filled with colorful executives in a glamorous business—at the moment investors decided they had had enough".
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at DisneyWar. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|