Disney Magic Kingdoms is a mobile and computer game in which the player can build their own virtual Disney Parks with multiple attractions around the world. Announced at the 2015 D23 Expo, the game was developed and published by Gameloft.
The game is basically the "tycoon" formula, where the player gets to design a theme park similar to the Magic Kingdom from Walt Disney World and other Disney Parks around the world. To expand the park, the player has to undo a curse cast upon by Maleficent as shown by the dark areas in the park.
Maleficent has cursed the player's kingdom, and it's up to Merlin, Mickey Mouse, and other Disney characters to remove parts of the curse. However, Maleficent has been scheming her revenge to turn the kingdom back to darkness.
Disney Magic Kingdoms Wiki
All you need to know about Disney Magic Kingdoms can be found on the Disney Magic Kingdoms Wiki! Learn all the details on your favorite attractions, characters, and decorations, and get all the information you need on events, tokens, or quests.
Permanent (Main Storyline)
Mickey Mouse & Friends
Limited Time (Events)
These characters are only available to welcome during certain limited time events and are not always available to welcome. If the player does not welcome them in time in the events they are introduced at, they are available to welcome through other activities such as obtaining them from Legendary Chests, purchasing them during Tower Challenges for Maleficent Coins, or reaching milestones during certain Milestone Events for a limited time.
† = Premium characters (Can only be bought with gems or real money. Main storyline premium characters can also be obtained as a Red Ribbon Chest prize.)
‡ = Attraction/Parade/Decoration/Event/Character Activity/Character Token/Collection Artwork/Collection Icon/Background/Seasonal Overlay/Trophy/Welcome Screen/Concession element
♠ = Characters with in-game costumes
1 = Unlocked through Daily Rewards Streak calendar
2 = Grumpy can only be unlocked by gathering all his tokens through the Amber Chests (during the Snow White event) or Snow White Legendary Chests (after the Snow White event) or winning him as a prize from either aforementioned chest.
3 = This character can only be unlocked via Sapphire Chests and cannot be welcomed through any other means other than unlocking via Sapphire Chest, albeit with an occasional chance of getting through Special Chances.
4 = This character can only be unlocked via Season Pass by collecting enough Happiness and through Kingdom Pass, a premium tier section of a Season Pass, through real-world money respectively and cannot be unlocked through any other means other than milestones through Season/Kingdom Pass.
5 = The First Order Stormtrooper identifies herself as KT-1138 when the player welcomes her for the first time in the game.
6 = The TIE Fighter Pilot introduces himself as Flight Officer Gantt Darec of Black Squadron when the player welcomes him for the first time in the game.
7 = The Imperial Stormtrooper identifies himself as FS-451 when the player welcomes him for the first time in the game.
Characters available in the game are either permanent and involved with the main storyline or available for a limited time. Each character has an individualized storyline that you can play through quests (though some require other characters). Unlocking most characters costs magic, while unlocking premium characters cost gems. Premium characters do not affect the overall storyline, but have their own quests after being unlocked. After unlocking a character, each character can level up by collecting the "tokens" to do so. These are obtained by completing quests, in addition to options of buying select tokens with elixir or earning them in chests or parade drops. Each level up will require more tokens and magic in addition to requiring more time than the previous level up. Currently, the maximum character level for any character is 10, with the exception of Merlin (Level 2 cap).
Players are able to build attractions for their park. Some attractions are directly taken from the Disney Parks while others are new attractions inspired by the franchises in the game.
- Cinderella Castle
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Sword in the Stone
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Gaston's Tavern
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Under the Sea
- Ariel's Grotto
- The Barnstormer
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Pinocchio's Village Haus
- Space Mountain
- Astro Orbitor
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Parade Tent
- Treasure Bank
- Costume Shop
- Merlin's Shop
- Steamboat Willie
- The Money Bin
- Al's Toy Barn
- Pizza Planet
- Star Adventurer
- Lost Boys' Hideout
- The Jolly Roger
- Sea Serpent Swing
- The Kraken
- Davy Jones's Organ
- Cyclops Sushi
- WALL-E's House
- Space Traders
- Snuggly Duckling
- Aurora's Spinning Wheel
- Zootopia P.D.
- The Incredibles House
- Zootopia Race Track
- The Meadow
- Forest Ice Rink
- Kaa's Jungle Gym
- Baloo's Oasis
- Jungle River Drift
- Little Rodentia
- Syndrome's Zero Point Energy Rings
- Omnidroid Obstacle Course
- The Omnidroid City
- Broomstick Graveyard
- Finkelstein Tower
- Nightmare Candy Shop
- Oogie Boogie's Spin
- Wandering Oaken's
- Troll Knoll
- Arendelle Courtyard Rink
- Elsa's Ice Palace
- Enchanted Forest
- Stone Giant Waterfall
- Water Spirit Wave Ride
- Training Camp
- Lantern Attraction
- Ancestor's Shrine
- Belle's House
- Beast's Castle
- Gaston's Tavern
- The Circle of Life
- Streets of Agrabah
- Cave of Wonders
- Lotus Fountain
- Genie's Lamp Show
- White Rabbit's House
- The Tweedles' Wacky Fairway
- The Golden Afternoon
- Seven Dwarfs' Cottage
- Magic Mirror on the Wall
- Rabbit's House
- Eeyore's House
- Lilo's House
- Lahui Beach
- Lucky Cat Café
- San Fransokyo City
- Frederickson Grounds
- Ito Ishioka Robotics Lab
- Ursula's Lair
- Princess Dressing Room
- The Internet
- Slaughter Race
- Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium
- Tiana's Palace
- Goin' Down the Bayou
- Mama Odie's Tree
- Moana's Boat
- Kakamora Boat
- Tamatoa's Lair
- Santa Cecilia Market Shop
- Land of the Dead
- Rivera Familia Home
- Treadspeeder Base
- Resistance X-wing
- Resistance Speeders
- Nevarro City
- Razor Crest
- Garbage Compactor
- Luke's Home
- Millennium Falcon
- Yavin 4 Base
- Marauder Shuttle
- Cloud City
- Tony's Restaurant
- Lady and Tramp's Home
- The Beaver Dam
- Lightfoot House
- Manticore's Tavern
- Path of Ravens
- Grandmother Willow
- Training Grounds
- Statue Garden
- Zeus' Temple
- Mudka's Meat Hut
- Yzma's Lair
- Witch's Cottage
- Castle DunBroch
- Ring of Stones
- Ruins of the Ancient Kingdom
- Gusteau's Kitchen
- Heart Palace
- Boun's Shrimp Boat
- Fang Palace
- Alberto's Hideout
- Portorosso Tower
- Radcliffe Residence
- The De Vil Place
- The Park
- Cruella's Car
- Geppetto's Workshop
- Stromboli's Caravan
- Sherwood Forest
- The Rescue Aid Society
- Madame Medusa's Riverboat
- Paradise Falls
Non-Event Character Release Dates
|Event Name||Date(s)||Event Description||Characters|
|The Incredibles 2016||June 15 to July 14, 2016||Welcome The Incredibles and Frozone to defeat Syndrome. Mrs. Incredible kicks off the event, followed by Dash, Violet, and Mr. Incredible. Frozone is available for purchase. For a limited time, stop Syndrome from causing more trouble around the kingdom.||Elastigirl|
|This is Halloween 2016||October 14 to November 1, 2016||Mickey will try to make Halloween awesome around the park. Jack and his friends from The Nightmare Before Christmas will try to help in their own way, but are followed by the Oogie Boogie, who will try to make it terrifying.||Jack Skellington|
|Winter Wonders 2016||December 8, 2016 to January 2, 2017||Welcome the Frozen characters to defeat Hans. Anna starts off the event, followed by Kristoff and Elsa. Olaf and Sven (available after when welcoming Kristoff) are available for purchase. For a limited time, stop Hans from taking over the winter weather around the kingdom.||Anna|
|Lunar Festival 2017||January 26, 2017 to February 5, 2017||Welcome the Mulan characters to set up the Lunar Festival.||Li Shang|
|Be Our Guest 2017||March 9 to April 3, 2017||Welcome Beauty and the Beast characters to defeat Gaston. Additionally, welcome Merlin, Chip and Dale.||Beast|
|Circle of Life 2017||July 6 to July 31, 2017||Welcome The Lion King characters to defeat Scar from taking over the Pride Lands. Additionally, welcome Bullseye, Bagheera, Mowgli, and Squeeze Toy Alien (not until the event is over).||Timon|
|A Whole New World 2017||August 17 to September 13, 2017||Welcome the Aladdin characters to setup a welcome back party for Genie but some sand whirls are all over the kingdom. For a limited time, stop Jafar from adding more sand whirls around the kingdom.||Aladdin|
|A Merry Unbirthday 2017||October 26 to November 16, 2017||Welcome Alice in Wonderland characters for what the Mad Hatter forgot what he was getting ready for.||Mad Hatter|
Queen of Hearts
|Snow White 2017||December 7, 2017 to January 2, 2018||For a limited time, welcome Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs characters and defeat the Evil Queen.||Doc|
|2nd Anniversary/Honey Tree Troubles 2018||March 8 to April 3, 2018||Act quickly to welcome all Winnie the Pooh characters and get Pooh unstuck from the tree.||Rabbit|
Winnie the Pooh
|A Stitch-y Situation 2018||April 19 to May 15, 2018||Act quickly to welcome all Lilo & Stitch characters and help Nani find Lilo and Stitch.||Nani Pelekai|
|The Tower Challenge 2018||#1||June 5 to June 20, 2018||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent from adding more curse and welcome Jack-Jack Parr.||Jack-Jack|
|Trouble in San Fransokyo 2018||July 5 to July 31, 2018||Act quickly to welcome all Big Hero 6 characters and help Hiro reactivate Baymax.||Hiro Hamada|
|The Tower Challenge 2018||#2||August 2 to August 17, 2018||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the second time and welcome Christopher Robin.||Christopher Robin|
|A Watery Tale 2018||September 6 to October 2, 2018||Act quickly to welcome The Little Mermaid characters to help Ariel turn back into a human.||Sebastian|
|The Tower Challenge 2018 /Villains Takeover||#3||October 18 to November 2, 2018||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the third time and welcome the Mayor of Halloween Town.||The Mayor|
|I'm Gonna Wreck It 2018||November 22 to December 21, 2018||Act quickly and welcome Wreck-It Ralph characters and help Ralph search for Vanellope and battle a major virus while getting comfy outfits for the Disney Princesses.||Ralph|
Fix-It Felix Jr.
|The Tower Challenge 2019||#4||January 25 to February 9, 2019||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the fourth time and welcome Cri-Kee.||Cri-Kee|
|Dreams Do Come True! 2019||February 14, to March 12, 2019||Act quickly to welcome Princess and the Frog characters and stop Dr. Facilier!||Eudora|
Charlotte La Bouff
|The Tower Challenge 2019||#5||March 21 to April 5, 2019||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the fifth time and welcome LeFou.||LeFou|
|Find the Way 2019||April 18 to May 14, 2019||Act quickly to welcome Moana characters and stop the Kakamora!||Sina|
|The Tower Challenge 2019||#6||May 23 to June 7, 2019||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the sixth time and welcome Rajah and additionally, welcome The Sultan.||Rajah|
|The Tower Challenge 2019||#7||July 9 to July 24, 2019||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the seventh time and welcome Shenzi and additionally, welcome Banzai and Ed.||Shenzi|
|Finding Marlin 2019||August 8 to September 3, 2019||Act quickly to welcome Finding Nemo characters and rescue Marlin!||Nemo|
|The Tower Challenge 2019||#8||September 19 to October 4, 2019||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the eighth time and welcome Prince Charming.||Prince Charming|
|A Show to Remember 2019||October 17 to November 12, 2019||Act quickly to welcome Coco characters!||Miguel Rivera|
Ernesto de la Cruz
|Into the Mist 2019||November 26 to December 13, 2019||Act quickly to welcome Frozen characters!||Ryder|
|A Galaxy Far, Far Away... 2019||December 19, 2019 to January 15, 2020||Act quickly to welcome Star Wars characters!||Finn|
First Order Stormtrooper
|Epic Quest 2020||March 12 to April 6, 2020||Act quickly to welcome Onward characters!||Barley|
|Go the Distance 2020||June 4 to July 1, 2020||Act quickly to welcome Hercules characters!||Phil|
|The Tower Challenge 2020||#9||July 21 to August 5, 2020||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the ninth time and welcome Owl.||Owl|
|The Tower Challenge 2020||#10||August 27 to September 11, 2020||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the tenth time and welcome Gord.||Gord|
|Welcome Shock 2020||October 23 to November 1, 2020||Making progress in one event helps with the others! Clear tappers to welcome Shock before the event ends and additionally, welcome Barrel and Lock.||Shock|
|The Mandalorian 2020||November 12 to November 28, 2020||Act quickly to welcome The Mandalorian characters!||The Mandalorian|
|Highland Games 2020||December 17, 2020 to January 7, 2021||Act quickly to welcome Brave characters!||Queen Elinor|
|Raya and the Last Dragon 2021||March 11 to March 27, 2021||Act quickly to welcome Raya and the Last Dragon characters!||Boun|
|A New Hope 2021||April 22 to May 12, 2021||Act quickly to welcome the Star Wars: A New Hope characters!||Luke Skywalker|
TIE Fighter Pilot
|The Tower Challenge 2021||#11||June 3 to June 18, 2021||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the eleventh time and welcome Bailey and additionally, welcome Destiny.||Bailey|
|Luca 2021||July 15 to July 31, 2021||Act quickly to welcome the Luca characters!||Luca|
|The Tower Challenge 2021||#12||August 5 to August 20, 2021||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the twelfth time and welcome Gord again.||N/A|
|101 Dalmatians 2021||August 26 to September 22, 2021||Act quickly to welcome the 101 Dalmatians characters!||Pongo|
|The Tower Challenge 2021||#13||October 22 to November 7, 2021||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the thirteenth time and welcome the Hatbox Ghost and additionally, welcome Gus||Hatbox Ghost|
|Welcome Boba Fett 2021||November 12 to November 21, 2021||Making progress in one event helps with the others! Clear tappers to welcome Boba Fett before the event ends and additionally, welcome Fennec Shand and Ahsoka Tano.||Boba Fett|
|The Tower Challenge 2021||#14||November 25 to December 10, 2021||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the fourteenth time and welcome LeFou again.||N/A|
|Pinocchio 2021||December 16, 2021 to January 12, 2022||Act quickly to welcome the Pinocchio characters!||Jiminy Cricket|
|The Tower Challenge 2022||#15||January 27 to February 11, 2022||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the fifteenth time and welcome Shan Yu and additionally, welcome Khan.||Shan Yu|
|Robin Hood 2022||March 10, to March 31, 2022||Act quickly to welcome the Robin Hood characters!||Little John|
|The Empire Strikes Back 2022||April 28, to May 14, 2022||Act quickly to welcome the Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back characters!||Lando Calrissian|
|The Rescuers Part 1 2022||June 2 to July 14, 2022||Act quickly to welcome the Rescuers characters!||Bernard|
|The Tower Challenge 2022||#16||June 2 to June 17, 2022||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the sixteenth time and welcome Bailey again and additionally, welcome Destiny again.||N/A|
|The Rescuers Part 2 2022||July 14 to August 9, 2022||Welcome to Miss Bianca and Penny.||Miss Bianca|
|Season Pass 2022||July 14 to October 11, 2022||Use the happiness you earn from daily and weekly tasks to unlock exclusive season pass rewards and welcome Dug and additionally, welcome Charles Muntz (through Kingdom Pass only).||Dug|
|The Tower Challenge 2022||#17||July 14 to July 29, 2022||Send characters along with featured characters to stop Maleficent for the seventeenth time and welcome Scar.||N/A|
|Welcome Geppetto 2022||August 11 to August 17, 2022||Making progress in one event helps with the others! Clear tappers to welcome Geppetto before the event ends.||N/A|
|Up 2022||August 18, to September 2, 2022||Act quickly to welcome the Up characters!||Russell|
The cast only applies to the characters whose voice actors have dialogues recorded in the game and not to the characters who have no dialogues recorded other than expressions they make. The voice-overs were removed in Update 38 in February 2020.
Despite the removal, voices of Pluto and Mickey were still heard when the player reaches a new level in the game. However, as of Update 42 in July 2020, the "Level Up" screen was replaced by a still image of Pluto and Mickey, removing the remaining voice-overs entirely in the game.
- Jeff Bennett as Merlin
- Bret Iwan as Mickey Mouse
- Bill Farmer as Goofy and Pluto
- Jim Hanks as Woody
- Joan Cusack as Jessie
- Annie Potts as Bo Peep
- Wallace Shawn as Rex
- R. Lee Ermey as Sarge
- John Ratzenberger as Hamm
- Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear
- Tress MacNeille as Daisy Duck
- Russi Taylor & Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse
- Jim Cummings as Pete
- James Patrick Stuart as Zurg
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Thirty-four characters have multiple costumes available for them in the game.
- Mickey Mouse has Pirate Mickey, Classic Mickey, Sorcerer Mickey, Spring Mickey, Halloween Mickey, Holiday Mickey, Lunar Mickey, Tuxedo Mickey, Lunar New Year-Hong Kong Mickey, and WDW 50th Anniversary Mickey.
- Goofy has Halloween Goofy, Spring Goofy, and Pirate Goofy.
- Pluto has Spring Pluto and Lunar Pluto.
- Daisy Duck has Halloween Daisy and Lunar New Year-Hong Kong Daisy.
- Pete has Classic Pete.
- Minnie Mouse has Classic Minnie, Spring Minnie, Halloween Minnie, Holiday Minnie, Lunar Minnie, Pirate Minnie, Lunar New Year-Hong Kong Minnie, and WDW 50th Anniversary Minnie.
- Donald Duck has Halloween Donald, Pirate Donald, and Lunar New Year-Hong Kong Donald.
- Chip has Lunar Chip.
- Dale has Lunar Dale.
- Bo Peep has Bo Peep (Toy Story 4).
- Cinderella has Comfy Cinderella.
- Jack Sparrow has Jack Sparrow (Captain's Coat).
- Rapunzel has Comfy Rapunzel.
- Aurora has Comfy Aurora.
- Pocahontas has Comfy Pocahontas.
- Elastigirl has Elastigirl (Elastigirl Costume).
- Anna has Holiday Anna, Travel Costume Anna, and Queen Anna.
- Elsa has Holiday Elsa, Travel Costume Elsa, and Snow Queen Elsa.
- Olaf has Holiday Olaf.
- Mulan has Comfy Mulan and Warrior Mulan.
- Belle has Formal Dress Belle and Comfy Belle.
- Beast has Format Suit Beast.
- Aladdin has Aladdin (Prince Ali Costume).
- Jasmine has Purple Dress Jasmine and Comfy Jasmine.
- Snow White has Comfy Snow White.
- Winnie the Pooh has Winnie the Pooh (Honey Day).
- Baymax has Baymax (Baymax Armor).
- Ariel has Mermaid Ariel and Comfy Ariel.
- Tiana has Comfy Tiana.
- Moana has Comfy Moana.
- Merida has Comfy Merida.
- Luke Skywalker has Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot Costume) and Luke Skywalker (Bespin).
- Boba Fett has Boba Fett (Bounty Hunter).
- Dug has Dug (Cone of Shame).
- There are currently six characters that originate from Disney live-action films in the game (Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, Davy Jones, Captain Barbossa, and Tia Dalma). All of whom are just in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
- Prior to the 3.2.0 Update for the Pirates of the Caribbean/Peter Pan expansion, the maximum levels for Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann were 6.
- Prior to the 3.3.0 Update for the Little Mermaid Event released on September 5, 2018, Davy Jones was available to receive from a Platinum Chest before its discontinuation in 2019.
- Although no characters from Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Inside Out currently appear in the game, some music from the films can be heard in the game.
- Although no Tron characters are currently featured in the game, two decorations inspired by Tron (TRON Lamp and TRON Mickey Light) are also available decorations in the game.
- There are currently thirteen Disney Villains available to obtain in the Spooky Chests during October in the game (Oogie Boogie, Hans, Gaston, Scar, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, The Queen, Yokai, Ursula, Dr. Facilier, Hades, Namaari, and Cruella).
- There are currently four characters that originate from the Donald Duck comics universe in the game (Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie).
- There are currently twenty-six Star Wars characters in the game (R2-D2, C-3PO, First Order Stormtrooper, Finn, Poe, General Hux, BB-8, Rey, Kylo Ren, Kuiil, The Mandalorian, Greef Karga, Cara Dune, The Child, Luke Skywalker, TIE Figher Pilot, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Darth Vader, Fennec Shand, Boba Fett, Ahsoka Tano, Lando Calrissian, Yoda, and Imperial Stormtrooper).
- So far, Angel is the only character who originated from a TV series produced by Disney Television Animation to appear in the game.
- There are currently five characters that originate from the Disney Parks in the game (The Bride, Hatbox Ghost, Phineas, Ezra, and Gus). All of whom appeared in The Haunted Mansion.
- No characters who originated from direct-to-video films currently appear in the game. However, characters, such as Fairy Mary and Kiara are mentioned in dialogue.
- This was R. Lee Ermey's last work in voicing Sarge from the Toy Story franchise before his death in 2018.
- Prior to the 4.8.0 update for the Raya and the Last Dragon update, welcoming Cinderella in the game cost 1,950 magic; this is a reference to 1950, the release date of the original film.