The main way for users on the Disney Wiki to converse with one another about virtually anything is our Discord server. The server has channels for a whole variety of topics, and if you need a hand with anything relating to the wiki, the server is definitely the place to be.
We want to keep the server as open as possible for everyone, but in order to keep it safe and fun, there are a few rules to consider:
- Be Respectful. Please respect the views and opinions of other users, and do not engage in heated arguments, call people names, or be intentionally mean spirited. We're all fans here, let's make an effort to keep conversations positive and productive!
- Keep Things Appropriate. Please keep language within reasonable limits and do not share explicit or sexual images. This server has users of all ages and backgrounds, and we'd like all members to feel comfortable in public chat channels.
- Use the Proper Channels. Please try to use the correct channels depending on the topic of conversation. It's no big deal if you make a mistake or are unsure about where to talk (others can point you in the right direction), but try to choose the correct channel.
- Keep Your Username Recognizable. This server is designed as a place for the wiki community to hang out, so it is important that people are able to easily identify who they are talking to.
- Assume Good Faith. The server is open to everyone, so that will mean there may be users who are unfamiliar with what being in a joint chatroom is like or how wikis properly work. While you may hear the same question being asked for the hundredth time, it is a first for them. Assume that these users want to be a part of the discussion and that any mistake they make is just that: a mistake. Be sure to be kind and patient, offering help where you can.
- Use Common Sense. Not every situation may be covered by these rules. If you're not sure if something is okay, please ask a moderator or staff member.
You are free to discuss topics in the appropriate channels, and you are encouraged to start conversations. However, please listen to the moderators and participants of the chat and drop a topic if you are asked to.
If a user consistently breaks the rules, they will be warned, and continued unacceptable behavior will result in a temporary kick or permanent ban from the server.
If you feel that a moderator or administrator has been unfair, you can bring this up with that moderator via direct message (DM) or on their Message Wall and clearly explain politely why you feel that way. Administrators will address issues or concerns in an impartial manner, even though the reported user may be one of their friends or a well-known contributor to the Disney Wiki.
Administrators and moderators cannot patrol what happens in DMs. If a user bothers you there, feel free to block DMs with them. Likewise, if you are blocked from DMing someone, also please respect their wishes and do not engage in conversation.