This page is for nominating users to become administrators of the site.
While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators have a few additional functions:
- Deleting and restoring pages and page histories, including uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin/content mod rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or usernames from editing.
- Reverting bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages, Theme Designer to update the wiki's theme and design, and CSS and JS pages.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
Administrators have been entrusted with the means to maintain the overall quality of the site. With this in mind, an administrator is expected to:
- be friendly, welcoming, and helpful to others
- be a capable and constructive contributor to the wiki
- be open and welcoming in their communication and respond to messages on their wall in a reasonably timely manner
- address disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility
An administrator must not:
- act like they own the site. Disney Wiki belongs to the community, and administrators are the protectors of the community.
- abuse their administrator privileges to censor or otherwise unfairly inhibit reasonable discussion.
- misapply or selectively apply the code of conduct in their moderating role.
While administrators are not above regular users in terms of importance, they should be aware that their status makes role models out of them, and they should carry themselves accordingly.
Removal of rights
If it is believed that privileges are being abused by an administrator, the following process should be applied.
- Communicate with them. Try to talk it out and come to an agreement.
- If attempts at communication fail, bring this to the attention of another administrator and/or bureaucrat to mediate. In absence thereof, reach out to the assigned Wiki Representative or Fandom Staff.
- Sustained, deliberate misuse of the privileges given
- Sustained failure to follow the code of conduct in their entirety
- Sustained failure to follow the conduct guidelines outlined further above
Administrators should remain active to assist the wiki. In cases of prolonged inactivity, removal of user rights may be considered by an active bureaucrat based on the needs of the community.
- A user must have at least 5,000 edits for the nomination to be agreed upon by admins, and the user must be a moderator prior to nomination.
- A user must have a Discord account and join the Disney Wiki Discord server, other forms of communication can be discussed
- The user who'd like to nominate another must themselves have 1,500 edits to be eligible to vote.
- If, after no less than seven days from the nomination, the voting is unanimous and the nominee has accepted, then a bureaucrat will grant the user administrator privileges. If no consensus has been reached within fourteen days, the nomination is rejected.
- There is no limit to the number of times a user may be nominated.
- If a nomination has gone through and be successful, a one-month period must go by before anyone can be nominated.
In order to vote on nominations for administratorship, you must be a registered user with more than 5 un-reverted edits. There are three sections for each nomination: Support, Oppose, and Comments.
- Use a
#sign instead of a
*sign to mark the votes so it is easy to see the number of votes.
- Nominees should not vote for themselves, but instead mark the initial section of the nomination as Accepted along with their signature. The nominee may make additional comments in the Comments section.
- You may provide a rationale (reason) when supporting a nomination.
- You must provide a rationale when objecting to a nomination. Any objection that clearly has no connection to this project or one that does not list a rationale can be considered invalid.
- If you wish to discuss the nomination without voting, use the comments section.
- If you wish to remove your vote, please strikethrough it by surrounding it with
<s></s>. This is so we can accurately track the voting, especially once it's archived.
- Main article: Disney Wiki:Closed Nominations