Disneyland's 35th Anniversary Celebration aired as an episode of The Magical World of Disney on NBC on February 4, 1990. The celebrity-laden special, directed by John Landis and hosted in part by Tony Danza, focused on the changes to Disneyland over the years, as stars recalled their favorite attractions.
- At the bar from Cheers, the barflies discuss their favorite Disney Princesses, and Woody recounts his first visit to Disneyland when he was a kid, when he went on the Haunted Mansion with his dream girl - who turned out to be a ghost!
- Former president Ronald Reagan shows up to rededicate Disneyland.
- Coconut Charlie (played by Charles Fleischer) serves as the tour guide in an unusually dangerous ride on the Jungle Cruise.
- Miss Piggy recalls her first visit to Disneyland, in which she longs to replace Cinderella (played by Debbie Carman) in the big parade. After much conniving, Piggy succeeds, after "fairy god-thing" Gonzo gets himself and the real Cinderella lost (though Gonzo seems to develop a fondness for Cinderella).
- Ernest P. Worrell shares a home movie of his and his father's first visit to Disneyland.
- DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith perform their cover of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".
- ↑ Cotter, Bill. The Wonderful World of Disney Television. New York: Hyperion, 1997.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.