The cartoon takes place in Mexico and tells the story of Don Donald going to greet his girlfriend Donna. Donald rides a donkey and lets Donna also ride it, but unfortunately Donna hates the animal. Angered at blowing his chances with Donna, Donald Duck gets angry at his donkey and calls it a jackass, then he sees a flashy new red car on sale. Donald trades in his burro for the new car. Donna loves the new car – until it breaks down in the middle of nowhere. She leaves Donald, who is left with nothing but a shrunken sombrero. The donkey, having returned on the scene, has the last laugh.
- Though originally billed as a Mickey Mouse cartoon despite the eponymous character not appearing at all, the reissue prints of this cartoon however correctly bill this as a Donald Duck cartoon.
- This cartoon marks the only appearance of Donna Duck in animation, though she would reappear in the comics. For the rest of the late-1930s, Donald would not have a love interest until 1940 when Daisy Duck debuted in Mr. Duck Steps Out.
- This cartoon's appearance on Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Donald and Daisy VHS release confusingly refer both Donna and Daisy as the same character, despite that both Donna and Daisy are intended to be a separate characters.
- Clarence Nash - Donald Duck, Donna Duck
- The Mickey Mouse Club, October 12, 1955
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #46
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode 1.4: "Disney Firsts"
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #77
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Donald Duck's First 50 Years
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Donald & Daisy
- Donald's Greatest Hits
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Donald & Daisy / Starring Pluto & Fifi
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 1
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Starring Donald