Huey, Dewey, and Louie earn enough money to buy their Uncle Donald a birthday present. Donald, not knowing what the money is for, wants the kids to save their money for a rainy day. The boys manage to get the money back and buy Donald a box of cigars. Donald thinks the boys have taken up smoking and forces them to smoke the cigars. Suddenly, he finds a card in the box wishing him a happy birthday from his nephews, so the cigars were actually a gift for him. Donald is so ashamed of his actions that he shrinks down to a really tiny size and disappears through a hole in the floor of the tree house.
- Disneyland, episode #3.11: "At Home with Donald Duck"
- Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, episode #8.11: "Kids is Kids"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #55
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #40
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.40: "Triple Trouble"
- Kids is Kids Starring Donald Duck (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 3 (DVD)
- Donald's Birthday Bash (VHS)
- In this cartoon, Donald's birthday is shown to be March 13. This was before Disney officially decided that his birthday was actually June 9.
- When Donald reads the card, Louie's name is spelt as "Luey".
- This cartoon was banned in some countries as seeing Donald forcing his nephews to smoke was deemed unsuitable for younger audiences.