Donald's Quack Attack (also known as just Quack Attack) is a television series on the Disney Channel, which ran from November 2, 1992 to 2003, and later rerun on Toon Disney, made to replace Donald Duck Presents. It featured Disney animated short films, especially those with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy. Each episode lasted about 22–28 minutes, leaving some time for commercials.
Unlike the similar Mickey's Mouse Tracks, Quack Attack was run with a manic energy. In between the cartoon shorts, a screen would appear with a random background color (pink, blue, green, etc.), with a clip in the corner from a random Donald Duck cartoon. There was a thermometer with Donald's head on the bottom, called the "Quack Attack Meter". When the clip showed Donald getting angry, injured, or humiliated, the head on the thermometer would go up and make a dinging sound. This 10-25 second clip would appear 2 to 4 times per show, depending on how long the shorts were.
The credits for the show didn't name anyone. Instead, it stated "The cartoons in this program are the work of the animators from THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY over the past 60 years."
It wasn't possible to know what episode was going to be shown on any given day, but the show did feature showings of some shorts that don't show up on The Ink and Paint Club along with some shorts made by the Fleischer brothers, and clips from the animated features, such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Lady and the Tramp.
Donald's Quack Attack aired on the Disney Channel from 1992 to 2000, and on Toon Disney from 1998 to December 2002. From April 2001-December 2002, Quack Attack usually aired weekdays at 5AM, and every night at midnight. Quack Attack's removal from Toon Disney notably marked the end of the classic Disney shorts being regularly shown on the network. The show later aired on Russia's version of The Disney Afternoon block in its 2006 season, but shows no signs of returning to American television.
- Episode 6
- Episode 48
- Episode 55
- Episode 62
- Episode 71
- Episode 72
- Episode 80
- Episode 91
- Unknown Episodes
"Quack Attack Meter" clips
- From Canvas Back Duck: Donald tries to play a strongman game, but stumbles and accidentally hits himself on the head with his own mallet, but close enough to the puck to cause it to fly up and ring the bell.
- From The New Neighbor: Pete flings a bunch of apples from his apple tree at Donald, which all bury him.
- From Up a Tree: Chip releases Donald's tree strap, causing Donald to fall. The meter shoots right to the top of the meter when he first lets go of the tree, then slowly descends to the bottom as Donald falls, then rises back up for good when he crashes on the ground.
- From Magician Mickey: Donald gets sprayed in the face by his own ice cream cone.
- From Trombone Trouble: Pete blasts such a loud trombone note in Donald's face that it sends him flying backwards into his house, crashing into a wall as he does so.
- From Soup's On: Donald searches for Huey, Dewey, and Louie and thinks he spots them in their bed, but gets his hand caught in a mousetrap as he feels the bed.
- From Donald's Diary: Donald gets hit by a squirt gun from the door of Daisy's house.
- From Sleepy Time Donald: Donald, thinking Daisy is the one sleepwalking, laughs, but she takes offense and hits Donald on the head with the boot he was wearing on his head.
- From Trailer Horn: Chip and Dale drop a bunch of pine cones both on Donald's breakfast and his head to a "Shave and a Haircut" rhythm. The meter bounces up and down with each of the notes.
- From Trombone Trouble: Donald, in trying to make sense of his newly-found godlike powers, accidentally shocks himself briefly.
- From Magician Mickey: Donald jumps at Mickey, but Mickey catches him in his hands and presses down on him, making him disappear.
- From Soup's On: Donald accidentally steps on a wagon at the top of the flight of stairs and, in it, goes careening down the stairs and into the fireplace.
- From Window Cleaners: Donald swings a bucket at the bee on a flagpole, but the bee flies away and Donald ends up shaking the flagpole so hard that he makes himself dizzy.
- From Donald's Diary: Daisy sets up a rope trap for Donald to step into, which he does.
- From Donald's Nephews: As they play "Pop Goes the Weasel", Louie fires a slingshot projectile at a balloon holding up a bag of water so that it drops on Donald's head, soaking him.
- From Donald's Camera: As Donald is laughing a woodpecker pecks his head and Donald angrily does the same. After the meter rises up from the woodpecker attack, it goes back down again as Donald pecks the woodpecker.
- Family (1994-1997)
- Disney Channel (1995-2000)
- Toon Disney (2000-2003)
- Disney Channel (1997-2002)
- Toon Disney (2001-2003)
- Rai Due (1993-present)
- Disney Channel (1998-2000)
- Toon Disney (2004-2011)
- Channel One (2005-2010)
- Disney Channel (2012-2013)
- Donald's Quack Attack episode guide at The Encyclopedia of Disney Animated Shorts
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page Donald's Quack Attack. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|