Donald is an apple farmer trying to save his crop from two mischievous chipmunks named Chip and Dale.
The cartoon begins on an apple farm, and Donald Duck was gathering apples. But when he discovers that one of his apples were bitten by someone. Donald looks at the apples in his basket, and discovers they all had bite chunks on them. He notices Chip tossing another bitten apple in the basket, and grabs him. Chip whispers to Donald to follow him up his tree. Donald is hoping to get more apples in his basket, but received apple cores instead. Donald gets angry, but gets bitten by Chip and Dale, and falls out of the tree, followed by Chip and Dale dumping the apple cores on Donald. He sees Dale pushing a row of apples, and tries to get them back, but backfires when Dale rolls the apple into another tree hole.
To deal with Chip and Dale, Donald gets into his mini chopper and fetches some insect powder and dumps it into his chopper, and sprays the trees in an attempt to make the two chipmunks sick. It backfires however when Donald sees Chip and Dale wearing gas masks, and eat an apple each. Chip says “Apple core”, and Donald says “Baltimore”. Chip asks, “Who’s your friend?”, and Donald says, “Me”, and gets hit by an apple core, knocking him out of the tree.
- Walt Disney Presents, episode #5.20: "The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale"
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, episode C-003, January 19, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #5
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #12
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #3
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.48: "The Return of Chip 'n' Dale"
- Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Cartoon Collections, Volume 2
- The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Chip 'n' Dale
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Mickey & Minnie / Starring Chip 'n' Dale
- Bonus on Melody Time
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume Four
- Chip 'n' Dale Volume 2: Trouble in a Tree
- Footage of this cartoon is shown in a film about the making of Donald Duck Orange Juice, except that the apples are recolored orange to look like oranges.