Donald is an apple farmer trying to save his crop from two mischievous chipmunks named Chip and Dale.
The cartoon begins on an apple farm, and Donald Duck was gathering apples. But when he discovers that one of his apples were bitten by someone. Donald looks at the apples in his basket, and discovers they all had bite chunks on them. He notices Chip tossing another bitten apple in the basket, and grabs him. Chip whispers to Donald to follow him up his tree. Donald is hoping to get more apples in his basket, but received apple cores instead. Donald gets angry, but gets bitten by Chip and Dale, and falls out of the tree, followed by Chip and Dale dumping the apple cores on Donald. He sees Dale pushing a row of apples, and tries to get them back, but backfires when Dale rolls the apple into another tree hole.
To deal with Chip and Dale, Donald gets into his mini chopper and fetches some insect powder and dumps it into his chopper, and sprays the trees in an attempt to make the two chipmunks sick. It backfires however when Donald sees Chip and Dale wearing gas masks, and eat an apple each. Dale says “Apple core”, and Donald says “Baltimore”. Dale asks, “Who’s your friend?”, and Donald says, “Me”, and gets hit by an apple core, knocking him out of the tree.
Regaining conscious, Donald takes the opportunity to steal back the apples by sawing a hole with his chopper tail blade and loading the apples into his chopper. Chip ‘n’ Dale discover that the apples are gone, and Donald gets them back with the Applecore Baltimore game, hitting Chip with the applecore as Donald laughs as he flies away in his chopper. Angrily, Chip smacks Dale with a rotten apple.
Donald flies up to his Apple storage unit and stores the apples to the top of the unit. Chip n Dale see this and take the opportunity to recollect the apples. As they open the storage unit, Dale stupidly pulls one apple out of the unit, and the apples are about to tumble out, but Chip stops the tumbling, only for Dale to pull another apple out, and all the apples came tumbling out of the storage unit, bringing Donald with them, creating an avalanche.
Chip n Dale, and Donald Duck survive the apple avalanche, and just as Donald is about to tell the two chipmunks off, the last apple from the storage unit falls down and bounces to Donald, smacking him in the face. Now fed up, Donald runs to his storage unit, and grabs the harmful chemicals and pours them all into his chopper and stirring them up, and drops an atomic pill into the chopper.
While Chip n Dale continue to collect apples, Donald attacks them by shooting atomic bombs from his chopper. Just as Donald was about to blast the last bomb at the chipmunks, it instead bounced right into the chicken house. The chicken swallows the bomb and lays an egg containing the bomb in it. Donald picks up the egg with delight, but the egg explodes, creating a hole which sends Donald all the way to China. Dale then drops an apple core into the hole, causing the unseen China man to play the Applecore Baltimore game with Donald, smacking Donald, much to the chipmunks delight, ending the cartoon.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- Chip and Dale (voiced by Jimmy MacDonald and Dessie Flynn)
- Chinese Man (voiced by Unknown)
- Walt Disney Presents, episode #5.20: "The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale"
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, episode C-003, January 19, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #5
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #12
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #3
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.48: "The Return of Chip 'n' Dale"
- Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Cartoon Collections, Volume 2
- The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Chip 'n' Dale
- The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale (MCA DiscoVision)
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Starring Mickey & Minnie / Starring Chip 'n' Dale
- Bonus on Melody Time
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume Four
- Chip 'n' Dale Volume 2: Trouble in a Tree
- Footage of this cartoon is shown in a film about the making of Donald Duck Orange Juice, except that the apples are recolored orange to look like oranges.