Donald and Pluto is the first cartoon in which the characters Donald Duck and Pluto star together. Although the official headliner for this cartoon is Mickey Mouse, it is considered the pilot cartoon for the Donald Duck series.
Donald is a plumber fixing pipes in the basement of a house, while Pluto happens to also be there trying to enjoy a juicy bone lunch. Before long, Pluto accidentally swallows one of Donald's tools - a magnet which leads to him attracting several metal objects.
- This cartoon showcases several modifications in Donald's design, which include a slimmer body, shorter neck, rounder feet, and a shorter bill.
- Although no house owner is ever revealed, it can be assumed that perhaps the pair are at Mickey's home.
- This is also the first short where Pluto appears without Mickey Mouse outside of two Silly Symphonies as well as the first time since his debut in The Wise Little Hen that Donald Duck appears in a cartoon without Mickey Mouse.
- The Walt Disney Christmas Show
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #68
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.36: "Classic Donald"
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Donald Duck's First 50 Years (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald (DVD)
- Pluto's Greatest Hits (VHS)