"Down the Hatch" is the twenty-third episode of Mickey Mouse.
Ludwig Von Drake is leading a tour of the Hall of Science where Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are also part of the group.
Of course, the trio is quick to fall behind as Mickey and Goofy take a closer look at the shrink ray while Donald stops to get a drink of water. When Donald bends over to fill his cup, his bum pushes the button which activates the shrink ray. Mickey and Goofy get shrunk and subsequently land in Donald's water cup where, unbeknownst to him, he is quick to swallow his pals.
Once in Donald's "Inner Space," Mickey and Goofy decide to have some fun to Donald's great discomfort. First they begin strumming on Donald's vocal chords like they're guitar strings, then they decide to tickle his funny bone, bounce around in his lungs and eventually land in his cranial cavity.
It's here that Donald realizes what's going on and he throws the mother of all temper tantrums resulting in a thunder and lightning storm within his body. Mickey and Goofy escape to Donald's stomach where Donald then assaults them with a barrage of corn and soda pop. After finding refuge in Donald's rectum, the shrink ray finally wears off and Donald lays the rapidly growing Mickey and Goofy in an egg.
Ludwig Von Drake declares this an "astonishing scientific discovery" and wants to explore Donald further. Donald disagrees and hurriedly scampers away.
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Corey Burton - Ludwig Von Drake
- "Miracles From Molecules" (Sung by Donald Duck)
- This is the first episode in the series to have a different song playing over the credits instead of the usual theme tune.
- Aside from the usage of "Miracles from Molecules" in the credits, several references to "Adventure Thru Inner Space" are sprinkled through the dialog in the beginning with Mickey imagining the possibilities of the shrink ray and journeying into inner space and exploring snowflakes.
- Donald sings like a rock star when Mickey and Goofy start playing with his vocal cords.
- This episode is similar to the film, Fantastic Voyage, and its well-known SpongeBob SquarePants adaptation "Squidtastic Voyage", in which SpongeBob and Patrick are inside Squidward's body.
- It also pays homage to the 1989 book, The Magic School Bus: Inside the Human Body.
- If Donald Duck lays an egg. He would be a Female Duck (But not always in other Episodes).