"Eau de Minnie" is the twenty-first episode of Mickey Mouse.
Minnie is getting ready for her date with Mickey when she goes into a panic over what to wear. This is short lived though as her mirror image directs her to her tried and true black top. Once dressed, Minnie moves on to applying some perfume. Minnie’s mirror warns against her going “overboard” with the scent but it’s already too late.
While walking to her date, Minnie’s overwhelming scent attracts a flock of blue birds, causes a florist to mistake her for a flower - cramming her into a vase, and inspires a baker to try to bake her in the oven. Minnie then wonders if her Enchantment perfume is the culprit and her suspicions are confirmed when she’s once again the victim of a barrage of unwanted attention – first, from a traffic pile-up trying to give her a ride, then a row of buildings and lastly a bunch of shoes from a shoe store. Minnie attempts to rid herself of the perfume but this only results in the bottle exploding on her and dousing her in the scent. Now things really go crazy as a bunch of escaped zoo animals come stampeding towards her. She runs into an alley to get way and then jumps into a garbage bin. It’s here she realizes that the best way to counteract her perfume is to cover herself in trash. Now, squalid and smelly, she repels her hordes of fans and goes on to meet Mickey for their date.
When she arrives at the bistro, Mickey is completely grossed out by the smell and is left trying not to vomit as she comes in close and gives him a hug.
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Paul Rudish
- Fred Tatasciore
- Aliki T. Grafft - "Entrancement" voice, Florist
- This is the first episode to not feature Mickey as the main protagonist. The title said "Minnie Mouse" instead of the usual "Mickey Mouse".
- When Minnie is clamoring about what she will wear for her date with Mickey, her reflection is moving on its own. This is a reference to the same scenario that occurs during "A Spoonful of Sugar" in Mary Poppins.
- This is the first episode where Mickey doesn't have a huge role.
- One of the outfits that Minnie tries on for her date with Mickey is her pink and white-dotted bow and dress from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and later Mickey and the Roadster Racers, which she digressed and suggested that it was "too young," likely a reference to how both of the aforementioned shows are educational and targeted towards preschoolers.
- This episode suggests that Minnie is usually wearing a black shirt with her dress (or it is the animated thing where she puts on another skin).
- Minnie apparently has a habit of going overboard on wearing perfume.
- Her reflection also mentions an event that happened in Barbados involving Minnie charming Mickey after applying too much perfume.
- Minnie hums "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" for the first time.
- The Disney Channel on Demand streaming of this episode in the United States has been sourced from PAL masters rather than NTSC masters since January 2016. This is highly unusual for an On Demand streaming in the US. However, it is still normal-pitched on the WATCH Disney Channel app in the US.
- This episode was nominated at the 2015 Annecy International Animated Film Festival for best TV series.