Edmontosaurus is a species of dinosaur seen in Disney's Fantasia.
Edmontosaurus are light brown dinosaurs with large hunched-over backs and a duck-billed face. They have two thin, stubby front legs and two large, three-toed back legs. They weigh 5 tons and grow up to 43 feet (13 meters) long.
The Edmontosaurus appears briefly in The Rite of Spring segment of Fantasia during the "extinction" scene as one of the many species crossing the desert, before the impending extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Edmontosaurus was a land-dwelling, fast-running herbivore, as opposed to the semi-aquatic, tail-dragging animal portrayed in Fantasia.
- There are two species of Edmontosaurus known from the fossil record; Edmontosaurus regalis and Edmontosaurus annectens.
- The species Edmontosaurus regalis had a soft, fleshy crest like a rooster's based on skin impressions.
- Edmontosaurus also had large scales based on such impressions and shown in mummified specimens.
- Edmontosaurus possibly had stripes on its legs based on a mummified specimen called "Dakota".
- Several specimens of Edmontosaurus have been found to have been attacked by Tyrannosaurus rex and survived, indicating they were a favorite food for the giant predator.
- Edmontosaurus was capable of growing to 45 feet long possibly 50 feet long and at least 10 tons, as indicated by two skeletons under study at the Museum of the Rockies, making it one of the biggest of all hadrosaurs and as big as its main enemy, Tyrannosaurus rex. Possibly even bigger than its main enemy. However, such size was rare and only the oldest and strongest Edmontosaurs were capable of growing to such size, as they usually averaged out at around 40 feet.