Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
"Educating Goofy" is the sixtieth episode of the first season of Goof Troop.
- The continuity of this episode, in regards to Goofy's educational history, is all over the place when taken into account with the rest of the series, and even with itself(!):
- Towards the beginning, Max states that Goofy never got a degree from school. This statement would, years later, match up with An Extremely Goofy Movie (which shares a similar premise with this episode) declaring Goofy to have never earned a college degree, having only completed three years of college back in the 1970s.
- Then, Goofy himself decides to "go back to school, get my diplomy, and make my son proud!" Not only does Goofy confuse a degree with a diploma (degrees being for college while diplomas are for high school), but the episode "Meanwhile, Back at the Ramp" confirms that Goofy did graduate high school, alongside Pete and Peg. Plus, Goofy had explicitly received his diploma in the mail back in "Everything's Coming Up Goofy", but that may have been a kind of job diploma rather than a high school one since he specifically needed it in order to take a particular job in Spoonerville in that episode.
- Furthermore, Goofy's decision to go back to school and finish his education sees him enroll in Spoonerville Jr. High, an educational institution from which Goofy wouldn't even receive either a degree or a diploma since junior high is a lower level than either college or high school. Nonetheless, Goofy attends the junior high school (for about two weeks, at most) and yet somehow earns enough credits to graduate, complete with his own cap-and-gown ceremony.
- Finally, during said ceremony, Goofy thinks that he's now "a college gradiate!" but when the junior high school teacher who hosts his ceremony leans in to correct him, she whispers "Grade school."
- Douglas Twinkmeyer makes several cameo appearances in this episode.