Her Disney roles include Captain Amelia in the 2002 Disney animated feature film, Treasure Planet, Queen Elinor in the 2012 Disney/Pixar film, Brave, P. L. Travers in the 2013 Disney biographical drama film, Saving Mr. Banks, and Mrs. Potts in the 2017 live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.
- Emma Thompson shares the following things with Emma Watson:
- Both of them were born on April 15.
- Their first names of both of them is Emma, and their respective surnames ends in "-son".
- Both of them played in the Harry Potter movies. Also, both of them played in Beauty and the Beast from 2017 (Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts and Emma Watson as Belle).
- Both of them are famous British actresses.
- Her character that she portrayed in Beauty and the Beast, Mrs. Potts, was voiced by Angela Lansbury in the 1991 animated film of the same name. Interestingly, both of them are British actresses.
- Coincidentally, Thompson portrayed P. L. Travers in the biopic about the production of the 1964's Mary Poppins, Saving Mr. Banks; whereas Lansbury played the Balloon Lady in its 2018 sequel, Mary Poppins Returns.
- In addition, both Thompson and Lansbury also collaborated in Nanny McPhee (2005), as well as played the role of Mrs. Lovett in their respective theater productions of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Thompson played the part in the 2014 Lincoln Center play, whereas Lansbury portrayed the part in the 1979 Broadway play).
- Thompson reprised the role of Mrs. Potts in a sketch that was based on Beauty and the Beast in an episode of the NBC show Saturday Night Live.