Her Disney roles include Captain Amelia in the 2002 Disney animated film, Treasure Planet, Queen Elinor in the 2012 Disney/Pixar film, Brave, P. L. Travers in the 2013 Disney biographical drama film, Saving Mr. Banks, and Mrs. Potts in the 2017 live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.
Awards and Nominations Received by Emma Thompson
|Saving Mr. Banks||2013||P. L. Travers||BAFTA Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Empire Award||Best Actress||Won|
|Golden Globe Award||Best Actress - Drama||Nominated|
|National Board of Review||Best Actress||Won|
|Satellite Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|Broadcast Film Critics (Critics' Choice Awards)||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Denver Film Critics||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Dublin Film Critics||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Houston Film Critics Society||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|North Carolina Film Critics Association||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society||Best Cast||Nominated|
|San Diego Film Critics Society||Best Actress||Nominated|
|St. Louis Gateway Film Critics Association||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Awards Circuit Community Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Gold Derby Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|IGN Award||Best Movie Actress||Nominated|
|The Richard Attenborough UK Regional Film Award||Best On Screen Duo||Won|
- Emma Thompson shares the following things with Emma Watson:
- Both of them were born on April 15.
- Their first names of both of them is Emma, and their respective surnames ends in "-son".
- Both of them played in the Harry Potter movies. Also, both of them played in Beauty and the Beast from 2017 (Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts and Emma Watson as Belle).
- Speaking of that movie, they also share their birthday with Luke Evans, who portrayed Gaston.
- Both of them are famous British actresses.
- Her character that she portrayed in Beauty and the Beast, Mrs. Potts, was voiced by Angela Lansbury in the 1991 animated film of the same name. Interestingly, both of them are British actresses.