|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
In 2016, Lin-Manuel Miranda was offered by then-chief creative officer John Lasseter an animated film alongside Zootopia director Byron Howard. By November 2016, Miranda said that he and Howard had begun early work on the project, though Miranda noted that it could take years for the project to come to fruition.
In January 2020, it was reported that Howard and Zootopia co-director Jared Bush were working on a film centered on a Latino family. Zootopia producer Clark Spencer will produce the film alongside Yvett Merino Flores, while Bush will co-write the film's screenplay alongside Charise Castro Smith.
In June 2020, the film was reported to have the working title Encanto, and was confirmed to be the project Miranda and Howard were working on since 2016, with Miranda writing songs for the film. It was also reported that the film will center on a magical Brazilian family. However, in June 22, 2020, Miranda stated that the film will be set in Colombia. He also revealed that he has started working on the film's songs. It was also reported that Castro Smith will co-direct the film.
- This is the second time Lin-Manuel Miranda worked on an Walt Disney Animation Studios film, after Moana (2016).
- This is the first WDAS film to be produced by more than one person since Big Hero 6 (2014).
- This is WDAS fourth film to explore Latin American culture, after Saludos Amigos (1942), The Three Caballeros (1944) and The Emperor's New Groove (2000).
- This is the first time Chesire Castro Smith worked on a film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 "Report: ‘Zootopia’ Directors Byron Howard and Jared Bush To Helm Disney Animation’s Newest Film Centered on A Latinx Family". The DisnInsider (January 29, 2020). Retrieved on January 29, 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Evans, Greg (June 22, 2020). "Lin-Manuel Miranda Confirms New Disney Animated Movie Set In Colombia". Deadline Hollywood.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Taylor, Drew (June 18, 2020). "New Disney Animation Movie ‘Encanto’ Reportedly Lands ‘Moana’ and ‘Zootopia’ Directors". Collider.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Lin-Manuel Miranda talks about 'Hamilton!' coming soon on Disney+ l GMA". Youtube (June 22, 2020). Retrieved on June 22, 2020.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals He’s Making a Secret Disney Film". Vulture (November 15, 2016). Retrieved on November 16, 2016.