|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Encanto is an upcoming American animated musical fantasy comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. It is scheduled to be released on November 24, 2021 and will be the 60th animated feature in the Disney Animated Canon. Directed by Byron Howard and Jared Bush, the film will be written by Bush and Charise Castro Smith.
Encanto tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel. But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope.
- Stephanie Beatriz as Mirabel Madrigal
- Wilmer Valderrama as Agustín Madrigal
- Angie Cepeda as Julieta Madrigal
- Diane Guerrero as Isabela Madrigal
- Jessica Darrow as Luisa Madrigal
- Carolina Gaitán as Pepa Madrigal
- Mauro Castillo as Félix Madrigal
- Adassa as Dolores Madrigal
- Rhenzy Feliz as Camilo Madrigal
- Ravi-Cabot Conyers as Antonio Madrigal
- María Cecilia Botero as Abuela Madrigal 
In 2016, Lin-Manuel Miranda was offered by then-chief creative officer John Lasseter an animated film alongside Zootopia director Byron Howard. By November 2016, Miranda said that he and Howard had begun early work on the project, though Miranda noted that it could take years for the project to come to fruition.
In January 2020, it was reported that Howard and Zootopia co-director Jared Bush were working on a film centered on a Latino family. Zootopia producer Clark Spencer will produce the film alongside Yvett Merino Flores, while Bush will co-write the film's screenplay alongside Charise Castro Smith.
In June 2020, the film was reported to have the working title Encanto, and was confirmed to be the project Miranda and Howard were working on since 2016, with Miranda writing songs for the film. It was also reported that the film will center on a magical Brazilian family. However, in June 22, 2020, Miranda stated that the film will be set in Colombia. He also revealed that he has started working on the film's songs. It was also reported that Castro Smith will co-direct the film.
- This will be the second time that Lin-Manuel Miranda has worked on a Walt Disney Animation Studios film, after Moana.
- This will be the first Disney Animated Canon film to be produced by more than one person since Big Hero 6.
- This will be the second Disney Animated Canon film to be released on November 24, after Tangled.
- This will be the fourth Disney Animated Canon film to explore Latin American culture, after Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros and The Emperor's New Groove.
- This will also be the first Disney Animated Canon film to center on one specific Latin American culture, as Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros were package films with shorts taking place in multiple Latin American countries and The Emperor's New Groove never made its exact location clear.
- The word encanto comes from Spanish and means charm, spell, or enchantment. It is both used as a way to tell a magic incantation and as an adjective for "sweetheart".
- This is the second Disney Animated Canon film to have a foreign title. The first being Saludos Amigos.
- This'll be the first Disney Animated Canon film with a 1:85:1 aspect ratio since Winnie the Pooh.
- Stephanie Beatriz's third animated film, after Ice Age: Collision Course and The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.
- The second Disney's animated film of 2020s to be produced in a 1:85:1 aspect ratio, after Luca.
- This is the first Walt Disney Animation Studios film of 2020s to be produced in a 1.85:1 aspect ratio.
- Disney's first computer-animated feature to be produced at 1.85:1 since Tangled, which also released on November 24th.
- Disney's third animated film to release on November 24th, after Toy Story 2 and Tangled.
- The fourth Disney Animated Canon film with a protagonist who wears glasses after Milo Thatch from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, the eponymous character in Chicken Little and Lewis Robinson from Meet the Robinsons but the first of such movies with a female glass-wearer in the lead role.
- This is the second film from the Disney Animated Canon to feature a human female protagonist debuting in 2021, after Raya from Raya and the Last Dragon.
- This will be the first time in Disney history that two human female protagonists from two different Disney Animated Canon films will debut within the same year.
- Not counting Onward (which had a two-week theatrical run following the COVID-19 pandemic), this is the first Walt Disney Pictures film to have an exclusive theatrical run since Frozen II.
- Also, same to other Walt Disney Studios films in second-half of 2021 (begin with Free Guy), it will exclusively run in theaters for first 45 days.
- "Report: ‘Zootopia’ Directors Byron Howard and Jared Bush To Helm Disney Animation’s Newest Film Centered on A Latinx Family". The DisnInsider (January 29, 2020). Retrieved on January 29, 2020.
- Evans, Greg (June 22, 2020). "Lin-Manuel Miranda Confirms New Disney Animated Movie Set In Colombia". Deadline Hollywood.
- "DISNEY ENCANTO". USPTO.report. Retrieved on August 2, 2020.
- "Lin-Manuel Miranda talks about 'Hamilton!' coming soon on Disney+ l GMA". Youtube (June 22, 2020). Retrieved on June 22, 2020.
- Arvedon, Jon (July 8, 2021). "Disney Drops a Magical First Trailer for Encanto" (in en-US), CBR.
- Shuler, Skyler (September 10, 2021). "‘Encanto’: Meet The Magical Madrigal Family".
- Sharpe, Josh (December 9, 2020). "Exclusive: New Details for Walt Disney Animation Studios’ ‘Encanto’". The Disinsider. Retrieved on June 7, 2021.
- "Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals He’s Making a Secret Disney Film". Vulture (November 15, 2016). Retrieved on November 16, 2016.