- Agatha: "Please, I can be good."
- Evanora: "No, you cannot."
- ―Agatha and Evanora Harkness[src]
Evanora Harkness is a character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, featured in the Marvel Disney+ series, WandaVision. She is the mother of Agatha Harkness, and was a powerful witch. She was killed by her daughter, after Agatha was found guilty of betraying their coven. She first appears in the eighth episode, and is portrayed by Kate Forbes.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic: Evanora has magical powers, which grant her the ability to perform a wide variety of feats. Her powers are projected, in the form of blur energy.
- Flight: The power to defy gravity, and move in the air. Evanora's levitation was accompanied by blue smoke beneath her
- Magical Beams: Evanora had the power to fire, magical energy, in an offensive manner.
- Bilingual: Evanora spoke English, and appeared yo have some understanding of Latin, as she used it, in her incantations.
In Salem, Massachusetts, 1693, Evanora has her daughter, Agatha, lead to trial, accompanied by the witches of her coven. Evanora watches, as Agatha's hands are magically bond, and she's tied to a stake. She asks her daughter if she's a witch, and Agatha confirms it to be true. She narrates the charges being held against Agatha, of betraying her coven, by stealing knowledge above her age and station, and practicing the darkest of magic. Agatha denies this, but Evanora silences her. The witches begin chanting, and as Agatha begs for her mother's help, Evanora joins in. The witches hands glow blue, and Evanora watches on, as they fire beams of blue magic towards her daughter. She observes as Agatha initially begins screaming in pain, but her volume lessens, as her magic begins polluting that of the other witches, turning the beams fired at her, violet. Evanora witnesses members of her coven rapidly aging, as they continue blasting away at Agatha, with beams of violet magic. She levitates in the air, and recites an incantation, and fires at her daughter, with a blue beam, assisting her coven. Agatha manages to free herself from the constraints placed on her, and spreads her arms, releasing a wave of energy, that kills all the members of the coven. Evanora continues levitating in the air, as she looks upon her daughter. Agatha pleads with her mother, claiming that she can be good, but Evanora disagrees. She summons another burst of blue magic at her daughter, and fires at her chest, as a crown made up of energy, appears on her head. Agatha begins polluting the beam, and a violet light, emitting from her, begins climbing towards the beam, until it reaches Evanora. Evanora 's magic weakens, and her crown disappears, as she begins aging. She falls dead to the ground, and Agatha takes her mothers pendant, before flying off.
Hundreds of years later, Wanda Maximoff induces Agatha into a nightmare, where she returns to Salem, bound at the stake, and surrounded by her dead coven. The witches all begin to rise, chanting "witch", at Wanda, and Evanora rises to point directly at her, and pronounces her as the Scarlet Witch, and a Harbinger of Chaos. Evanora approaches her, as her coven tie Wanda to the stake, in place of Agatha, where a red headpiece of magical energy begins forming on her head. Wanda then proceeds to blast Evanora, and the other witches back.
- Evanora is also the name of the Wicked Witch of the East in the film, Oz the Great and Powerful.
- While Agatha disguises herself as Agnes in Westview, Evanora's pendant can be seen accompanied with all of her outfits.
- In Agatha's induced nightmare, a crown of magical energy is conjured on Wanda's head, similar to Evanora's.