Mal: Look at you, look at me
I don't know who to be mother,
Is it wrong, is it right,
be a thief in the night mother,
Tell me what to do
Maleficent: I was once like you my child, slightly insecure
Argued with my mother too thought I was mature
But I put my heart aside, and I used my head
Now I think it's time you learned what dear old momma said
Don't you wanna be evil like me?
Don't you wanna be mean?
Don't you wanna make mischief your daily routine?
Well you can spend your life attending to the poor
But when you're evil doing less is doing more
Don't you wanna be ruthless and rotten and mad?
Don't you wanna be very very good at being bad?
I have tried my whole life long to do the worst I can
Clawed my way to victory built my master plan
Now the time has come my dear for you to take your place
Promise me you'll try to be an absolute disgrace
Don't you wanna be evil like me don't you wanna be cruel
Don't you wanna be nasty and brutal and cool
And when you grab that wand that's when your reign begins
Who wants an evil queen without a sack of sin
Don't you wanna be heartless and hardened as stone
Don't you wanna be finger lickin' evil to the bone
This is not for us to ponder this was pre-ordained
You and I shall rule together freedom soon regained
Mistress of the universe powerful and strong
Daughter, hear me, help me, join me won't you sing along
Maleficent and Mal: Now we're gonna be evil it's true never gonna think twice
Mal: And we're gonna be spiteful,
Maleficent: Yes spiteful that's nice
In just an hour or two our futures safe and sure
This mother daughter act is going out on tour
If you wanna be evil and awful and free
Then you should thank your lucky stars that you were born the girl you are
The daughter of an evilicious queen like me
- Aside from her minor singing role in the song "It's Our House Now!" from Mickey's House of Villains, this is Maleficent's first ever solo song.
- It could be possible that Maleficent's spirit was able to contact Mal and make her imagine this.
- Another possibility Mal's emotions could have accidentally caused her magic to bring the statue of her mother to life.
- In some aspects, this song wasn't actually sung by the real Maleficent, as Mal was imagining it in the museum.
- It currently stands as the only song to be sung by an adult character in the Descendants franchise (Until "Do What You Gotta Do" in Descendants 3).