Experiment pods are little pods seen in Lilo & Stitch: The Series containing the experiments in their dehydrated form. Each pod is labeled with the experiment's number. Once a pod gets wet, the experiment will be activated, releasing them. The pods come in six different colors: red, blue, green, yellow, white, and purple. They have numbers written on them.
- Some of the experiment pods seen in Stitch! The Movie are changed to a completely different color and/or labeled with a completely different number in certain episodes of Lilo & Stitch: The Series. The same goes for a few of the pods that Jumba showcases on the Internet monitor in the episode "Ace".
- Additionally, some of the experiments' numbers in their debut episodes do not match their pod numbers when they were in dehydrated form.
- The colors of the pods also change between the original series and Stitch!. The pod colors in the original series are brighter, while the pod colors in the anime are more muted. Also, some experiments have their pod color change between series. For example, in the original series, Fudgy's pod is mislabeled and blue, but in the anime, it is labeled correctly and red.
- In the original series, the pods are one of six colors: white, purple, green, yellow, red, and blue. In the anime, the pods are one of four colors: white, blue, red, and green.
- Though not consistent, in the original series, some colors seem to be more common depending on the numbered series.
- Several of the pods have different sizes. Some are so big that Lilo or someone else could hold them in the palm of their hand, while others they could hold with their fingers. Poxy's pod was one of the smallest, just slightly larger than a grain of sugar.
- The pods appear to be very durable and keep the experiment safe. Poxy's pod survived the entire sugar refining process from sugar cane harvest to consumer purchase; Splodyhead's pod was unscathed when a seagull pecked at it; and Spats' pod was unharmed after a squirrel tried to bite through it.
- Of all the experiments that appeared in Lilo & Stitch: The Series and its related films, Stitch! The Movie and Leroy & Stitch, 60 experiments were activated onscreen and 52 were activated off-screen.
- In Lilo & Stitch 2: Hämsterviel Havoc, the pods are referred to as "experiment balls" and are collectible objects. Their sprites are all exactly the same, colored green.