Father of the Bride Part II is a 1995 comedy film starring Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, and Martin Short. It is a sequel to Father of the Bride and a loose remake of the 1951 film Father's Little Dividend, the sequel to the original movie released in 1950.
George Banks must accept the reality of what his daughter's ascension from daughter to wife, and now, to mother means when placed into perspective against his own stage of life. As the comfortable family unit starts to unravel in his mind, a rapid progression into mid-life crisis is in his future. His journey to regain his youth acts as a catalyst for a kind of "rebirth" of his attitude on life when he and his wife, Nina, find how their lives are about to change as well after she unexpectedly becomes pregnant. George must now contend not only with his new status as a grandfather, but to also begin again as a new parent just as he was preparing for retirement and an empty nest for him and Nina.
- Steve Martin as George Banks
- Diane Keaton as Nina Banks
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Annie Banks-MacKenzie
- George Newbern as Bryan MacKenzie
- Kieran Culkin as Matty Banks
- Martin Short as Franck Eggelhoffer
- BD Wong as Howard Weinstein
- Jane Adams as Megan Eisenberg
- Eugene Levy as Mr. Habib
- Peter Michael Goetz as John MacKenzie
- Kate McGregor-Stewart as Joanna MacKenzie
The film received a mixed critical response from fans and critics alike, and currently holds a 50% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The film debuted at No.2
Alan Silvestri returned to score the music for the film. The officially release soundtrack album contains the following 15 tracks:
- Give Me The Simple Life (Performed by Steve Tyrell)
- Annie Returns
- Here Comes the Judge (Judge Tinkleberry's Theme)
- The Way You Look Tonight (Performed by Steve Tyrell)
- Drivin' Me Crazy
- You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me
- When The Saints Go Marching In (By Fats Domino)
- Summer Montage
- George Walks
- Remembering Annie (Squirrel Montage) (By Ralph Waldman)
- Ain't Nobody Cheatin'
- Rush Down Corridor
- George Tells a Story About Divorce
- On the Sunny Side of the Street (Performed by Steve Tyrell)
- End Credit Suite
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page Father of the Bride Part II. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|