The Flights of Fantasy Parade was a daytime/nighttime parade that ran at Disneyland Park from 1983 to commemorate the opening of the newly-renovated Fantasyland and The Walt Disney Company's 60th anniversary. The parade featured scenes from Disney's most fantastic animated films.
Due to it also being a nighttime parade, it replaced the Main Street Electrical Parade for that season.
- Opening: The famous Disney characters, incluidng Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto, float down the street in hot air balloons.
- Winnie the Pooh: This unit comprises Winnie the Pooh and his friends, including Tigger, Owl, Rabbit, Eeyore, Kanga and Roo. Behind the characters is a large honey tree where Piglet is fishing in a nearby pond, followed by a parade of giant heffalumps and woozles.
- Snow White: In this unit, the wicked queen is cooking up a poisoned apple by the dwarfs' cottage, and then the viewers are terrorized by a hauntingly alive forest.
- Babes in Toyland: Featuring an army of wooden soldiers and giant toy ships.
- Pinocchio: You'll see Pinocchio perform in a puppet show, with Jiminy Cricket, Honest John and Gideon watching. You'll even encounter Stromboli and take a trip to Pleasure Island.
- Fantasia: After an encounter with giant magic brooms and Yen Sid, we go to the famous "Dance of the Hours" scene, where dancing hippos, alligators and ostriches cavort around the guests.
- Sleeping Beauty: While a bunch of goons threaten the spectators, Maleficent stands high on a tower with a towering 30-foot dragon at her command.
- Alice in Wonderland: We see Alice, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare throwing an unbirthday party, while a horde of cards heralds the arrival of the Queen of Hearts.
- Cinderella: For a grand finale, we attend Cinderella's ball and see her dance with her Prince Charming.
- Songs featured
- OPENING UNIT
- WINNIE THE POOH UNIT
- Snow White Unit
- BABES IN TOYLAND UNIT
- 'Pinocchio Unit
- Hi-Diddly-Dee/Give a little Whistle
- FANTASIA UNIT
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND UNIT
- The Unbirthday Song/A-E-I-O-U/"March of the Cards"
- Cinderella Unit
- Same as Opening
After it's end
Most of the float we're used for Fantasy on Parade. The Sorcerer's Apprentice float was converted to a Dance of the Hours float but was put back to the usual way in 1985. The Caterpillar float was relocated to Walt Disney World but with the inflatable Caterpillar removed and Alice sits on top of it for the 1984 Fantasy on Parade. The Babes in Toyland floats we're seen during the 1983 Fantasy on Parade.