In the first film, they were locked into a bag then abandoned in the middle of winter, but luckily, they go inside a nearby house, by entering through a basement window, which was open, in which they get up to mischief. The nurse there caught them and, as she was about to toss them out in the cold, a little girl (who lives in the house) stopped Her and adopted the three kittens. In spring, they still get up to mischief, this time in the garden.
In the second film, the three kittens once again get into trouble, tormented by a turtle and a bluebird. This time, they find a friend and protector in Toliver the St. Bernard.
- They possess traits similar to other cats in Disney films.
- They are like Duchess, Marie, Berlioz, and Toulouse because they were abandoned without scruple.
- Dinah, because, like her, they are ordinary cats.
- Si and Am, because they cause trouble in a house which is not theirs (however, they do it because they are curious, while the Siamese are vicious).
- Oliver, because they entered a house which is not theirs to be adopted by a little girl.