- This page is for the non-Disney United States unit owned by Fox Corporation. For the international equivalents owned by The Walt Disney Company, see here. For the film studio the network was named after, see 20th Century Fox
The Fox Broadcasting Company (often shortened to/commonly referred to as Fox) is a broadcast television network in the United States and is the fourth major broadcast television network (after ABC, CBS, and NBC), having launched on October 9, 1986. The channel is currently owned by Fox Corporation, a new company formed after Disney acquired Fox's movie and television assets through 21st Century Fox.
The Disney Afternoon was most notably syndicated to several Fox affiliates across the United States. Likewise, some shows on the lineup (most notably DuckTales) aired individually on select Fox affiliates prior to the block's launch with some airing as late as the 1998-1999 television season. In addition, several Disney, Touchstone Pictures, and Hollywood Pictures movies have aired on the network (either in primetime or syndicated during the daytime on individual affiliates).
List of Disney programs aired on several Fox-affiliated stations
- Adventures of the Gummi Bears
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
- Darkwing Duck
- Goof Troop
- The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show
- Timon & Pumbaa
- Quack Pack
- Mighty Ducks
- Disney's Doug
- 101 Dalmatians: The Series
- Hercules: The Animated Series