Pepper Ann is accused of spray painting the word "Hare" on every building in the town.
Pepper Ann is rollerblading through Hazelnut when she discovers a garage band and quickly become enamored with them. After causing a scene, the band members ignore her claim that she is a lead singer and Pepper Ann meets up with her friends to discover that someone has been spray painting the word "Hare" in red paint all over town. After Mr. Carter discovers his map has been tagged, Dieter begins to become suspicious of Pepper Ann; thinking that it refers to Pepper Ann's "red hair", which does not help when Nicky finds evidence against her friend.
Soon, word spreads that Pepper Ann is the culprit much to her and her friends' shock, but when Pepper Ann runs into the garage band from earlier, they compliment her and she begins to love the attention, though Nicky warns her against this. Pepper Ann talks to her mother about whether getting attention is necessarily a bad thing. She tells her that getting attention is not bad as long as it is not for something nefarious. Taking her words and completely misconstruing them, Pepper Ann decides to take the blame as being the tagger.
A press conference is held and Pepper Ann makes the claim as the tagger. However, a buck-toothed boy, whom Pepper Ann had ignored earlier, comes out as the real culprit. Pepper Ann makes a grand speech about getting recognized, but the boy claims that he simply wanted attention. Milo, who was initially in support of the tagger, retracts his statements after his beanie gets tagged, while Dieter becomes hysterical after realizing he was wrong about Pepper Ann (the boy chose the word "Hare" because he just likes rabbits).
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen, Additional voices
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Sherrie Spleen
- Jim Cummings as Roland Carter
- Tino Insana as JoJo Diggety
- Kevin Schon as Bucked Toothed Man
- Kath Soucie as Cissy Rooney
- Even though Pepper Ann is told she has red hair, she had previously claimed that it is actually auburn in "Uniform, Uniformity".
- On Disney+, this episode segment and "Radio Freak Hazelnut" are swapped.