Anne, Marcy and the Plantars are out shopping for the day and decide to stop by the seed store. Marcy reveals her love for seeds, something that Hop Pop shares and they both enter with the intent to spend a long time inside. A very bored Polly suggests to Anne and Sprig that they go out and get caught up in another misadventure, but they want to spend time playing a game on Anne's phone and believe that they have matured enough to simply do what they are told and add that they need to be responsible for Polly's safety. In an act of defiance, Polly makes a mess by destroying a bag of seeds and claims that Anne and Sprig are responsible when the owner angrily asks for them to clean it up. As Anne and Sprig start cleaning, Polly sneaks away.
Polly attempts to get into trouble, but her small appearance and lack of any real skill causes her to get brushed over easily. While walking by some trash, she finds something moving and realizes that it is the giant robot that had been following the Plantars this whole time. She quickly learns that it mimics everything that she does and upon comparing it to the robot from Anne's game, takes to calling him Frobo. Polly has Frobo perform various things for her all throughout the town and cause some minor destruction. However, when Polly teaches him to jump into a water fountain, Frobo ends up causing major damage, finally alerting everyone to his presence. Polly tries to calm everyone, but Frobo uses his laser vision to destroy a weather vane angering everyone.
As the townsfolk prepare to attack Frobo, one person accidentally kicks Polly. Frobo becomes angry and begins to attack everyone. Anne and Sprig, finally done with cleaning the seeds, join in to fight Frobo, but are easily taken out. Polly finally stands up for Frobo and claims responsibility for his actions and apologizes for not treating him right. Frobo then utters "Polly", making her cry. The citizens are still angry and Polly has Frobo say his next word, "Sorry", which everyone casually accepts. Hop Pop and Marcy finally come out of the store and see Frobo for the first time with Marcy impressed with his appearance. Hop Pop is won over when he sees that he can garden, as well as make toast. Anne and Sprig briefly deduce that he came from the fort from early on the journey to Newtopia, but immediately abandon this idea.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Haley Tju as Marcy Wu
- James Patrick Stuart as One-Eyed Wally
- Laila Berzins as Sadie Croaker
- Kevin McDonald as Albus Duckweed
- John DiMaggio as Stumpy
- Brian Maillard as Leopold Loggle
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Felicia Sundew
- The episode title is a reference to Friend or Foe.
- Frobo finally catches up with Anne and the Plantars since "Fort in the Road".
- Anne and Sprig act more mature in this episode.
- Anne suspiciously states that "some of us sound different" when referring to Sprig. This is most likely a reference to the fact that Justin Felbinger, the voice of Sprig, was entering puberty when the series was being recorded and thus his voice is slightly changing.
- When Frobo tosses Anne and Sprig to the side, Anne's body is spread in a similar fashion to Peter Griffin's body from Family Guy whenever he violently falls down while Sprig is lying in Yamcha's dead pose from Dragon Ball Z.
- When Marcy excitedly brings up buying tomato plant seeds, Hop Pop states that she probably should not have bought them. He might be referring to the same tomato plant monsters from "Hop Luck".