Fuli is confident in her great running abilities and shows extreme delight for being able to outpace a pursuer of any species. She is a valuable member of the Lion Guard, being both brave and clever. However, she is also haughty and slightly arrogant, and isn't afraid to tease or snap at her friends, but has a good sense of logic and is proven to be a loyal friend.
Fuli uses her gift of speed to assist animals in need and doesn't always wait for the rest of the guard before rushing into action. To transgressors, Fuli is harsh and fierce when confronting those who do not respect the Circle of Life. She is very independent and likes to hunt and be by herself, but she does like to hang out with the guard.
Despite Fuli's usual tough and serious exterior, she is okay with the guard hugging her (just once) and really enjoyed playing in the snow and did so in a quite childish manner, being cautious so no one would see her being "cute" but started having fun with it with the guard and Majinuni and Hafifu. She is also a bit of a tomboy.
In Season 3, as a teenager, as the guard journeys near the Tree of Life, Fuli begins to display major concern for Kion when Ushari's venom is acting up. Fuli will not hesitate to call Kion if he makes a bad decision under the venom's influence, and she is notably the only member of the guard who can calm him when he does not have his dose of Tuliza. As Kion begins to give command of the guard to her if he is unable to make the right decisions, Fuli is proven to have capable leadership skills despite occasionally doubting herself.
Fuli is a king cheetah cub with smooth features and a lithe build. Her coat is a soft golden-yellow, broken only by patches of tan around her eyes and on her chest and muzzle. Dark, rounded spots dot her back, head, and legs. Her muzzle, paws, and underbelly are a pale creamy yellow color, as is the fur encircling her eyes. Her eye color is a strong forest green. Her nose is a similar brown to that found in her ear, with a tawny brown bridge.
In "Battle for the Pride Lands", as a teenager, Fuli has grown taller, all her markings have noticeably change from light brown to a darker shade of brown; to the point of almost appearing black, also, the number of markings around her legs has increased by one spot, while the markings around her body have changed in shape to the point of having spots within previously blank markings.
- High-Level Intellect/Expert Leader: Fuli is very intelligent, as she uses her wits and cleverness to defeat opponents, can point out the faults in her friends' mistakes, and isn't so gullible when she's being tricked or manipulated. Whenever Fuli takes command of the Lion Guard in Season 3, Fuli is proven to be a highly capable leader, analyzing situations accurately and what is in the best way to deal with the various situations, especially situations where Kion has already made an error.
- Expert Combatant: Fuli is proven to be a great combatant who mainly uses her speed, agility and upper body strength to defeat her opponents.
- Skilled Hunter: Like typical female cheetahs, Fuli enjoys hunting alone as she was proven to be good at it; as long as she isn't interrupted.
- Skilled Tracker: Fuli is the second best tracker in the Lion Guard. In "The Imaginary Okapi", she immediately mistook the mysterious animal tracks (leopard tracks) for Kion's, before realizing that those are not the latter's tracks.
- Stealth: Fuli has proven to be very stealthy; as she is quiet enough to avoid Kion seeing her, and it works to her advantage in hunting for food.
- Singing: As demonstrated throughout the series; Fuli is an excellent singer.
- Animal Strength: Fuli is the third strongest member in the entire the Lion Guard. She was able to hold two baboons on her back without any difficulty and succeed in defeating Vitani in a single attack. She was able to hold with little struggle to make Makuu's mouth stay open.
- Animal Speed: Fuli is the fastest member in the entire Lion Guard, as she is able to travel over 75 miles per hour. However, as with all cheetahs, she can only do this in short intervals, or else she will tire out.
- Animal Agility: Like all cheetahs, Fuli is able to make quick turns while running at full speed. She is the most agile member in the entire Lion Guard.
- Animal Leaping: Fuli is able to leap very far when running at full speed.
- Animal Eyesight: Fuli has the third best eyesight in the entire Lion Guard.
- Animal Hearing: Fuli has the second best hearing in the entire Lion Guard.
- Animal Smelling: Fuli has the second best sense of smell in the entire Lion Guard.
- Animal Stamina: Fuli has the highest stamina in the entire Lion Guard, as is she able to travel very long distances; in fact, she runs without any type or sign of being exhausted. But she was proven to have limits like other cheetahs and needs to rest after she pushed herself too much and had no energy left, making her vulnerable to predators.
- Diamond White, Fuli's voice actor, is best known for providing the voice of Ruby Hanshaw in Sofia the First.
- Fuli is the fastest and first female of the Lion Guard before Anga and Vitani.
- According to Rafiki, Fuli is the first female to ever be in the Lion Guard.
- This also means that Fuli is the first female to lead the Lion Guard, given how often she takes command when Kion is unable to make rational decisions.
- Fuli is said to be a loner, which makes sense because, in real life, female cheetahs prefer being without anyone.
- Despite being identified as a cheetah, Fuli's design is closer to that of a leopard or a jaguar. Her design could also have been based on the "king cheetah" pattern, a rare cheetah phenotype in which the spots fuse into thick rosettes.
- Fuli is the only one of the Lion Guard who (probably) does not have a family.
- She bears similar resemblance to Sabor, the secondary antagonist of Tarzan.
- Fuli really cannot stand baboons at all. However, she does like them a little more after the events of the episode "Baboons!" But, she does still seem to get a bit annoyed by them in future episodes.
- Though it seems reasonable that she dislikes baboons because of their annoyance as she clearly shown to have a good relationship with Rafiki (probably because he's a different monkey).
- Her catchphrase "Huwezi" means "You cannot (catch me)" in Swahili.
- According to Timon, Pumbaa, and the other members of the Lion Guard, her fur is unbelievably soft.
- Fuli has revealed that she is unable to climb trees, despite a clumsy climb on a branch in Paintings and Predictions.
- Fuli can run as fast as an adult cheetah, even when she was a younger cub.
- Fuli is often portrayed as a love interest for Kion.