"Future Harper" is the thirty-seventh episode of Wizards of Waverly Place.
Alex, Justin, and Max discover that a famous author (Rachel Dratch) is using their lives as the premise for her best-selling book series, Charmed and Dangerous. However, the wizards are shocked learning that the author, H.J. Darling, is really Harper from the future. It is revealed that she traveled back in time to write about wizards, since wizardry gets exposed in the future (the fault of one of the three Russos, as Future Harper hints). Alex is enraged that Harper has been writing books about her without permission. Future Harper tells Justin that he must convince Alex to give Past Harper permission to write the series. In the end of the episode, Selena Gomez and Rob Reiner comically talk about the importance of reading.
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- Maria Canals-Barrera as Theresa Russo (credited)
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo (credited)
Special Guest Starring
- Rob Reiner as himself
- Rachel Dratch as H.J. Darling
- Before we see this volcano blow, turn this lava into snow – turn lava into snow.
- The I.P.P. – teleports the user anywhere in the world.
- H.J. Darling is a parody of J. K. Rowling.
- Future Harper reveals secrets about the future, which are seen throughout the course of the series.
- She reveals that Alex will date and break up with someone named Mason, who is later shown in the season 3 episode "Alex Charms a Boy" and season 4's "Alex Gives Up".
- Future Harper also says that somebody in the room had a big big mouth, though there is some confusion on who actually exposed the secret, Alex or Justin. She later hints that Alex won. She gets nervous and then confuses Alex and Justin and Max misleading them to know it was Alex who won.