George Walton Lucas, Jr. is an American film producer, screenwriter, director, and entrepreneur. He was the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Lucasfilm Ltd. before selling the company to the Walt Disney Company on October 30, 2012. He is best known as the creator of the space opera franchise Star Wars and the archaeologist character Indiana Jones in the franchise of the same name.
After graduating from the University of Southern California in 1967, Lucas co-founded American Zoetrope with fellow filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola. Lucas wrote and directed THX 1138, which was a critical success, but a financial failure. He decided to take matters into his own hands and started his own company; Lucasfilm Ltd. His first work as a writer-director under this new banner was the film, American Graffiti, which was critically and commercially successful and received five Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture.
Lucas is one of the American film industry's most financially successful directors and producers, with an estimated net worth of $4.1 billion as of 2012.
- According to the 2021, Disney+ series Behind the Attraction he visited Disneyland on its second day open rather than the grand opening as previously reported.
- He did not direct The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, but he did come up with the stories.
- Though he is not directly involved in Star Wars Rebels, he helped design Kessel in Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion.
- According to Supervising director and executive producer of Star Wars Rebels Dave Filoni, George loved the Star Wars Rebels premiere.
- He made a cameo in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
- Lucas is credited onscreen on all Star Wars productions:
- He received "Based on Characters Created By" credit for the Star Wars: Ewoks and Star Wars: Droids animated series.
- He is a credited writer (Story By) for the made-for-TV films Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.
- He executive produced Genndy Tartakovsky's Star Wars: Clone Wars television series.
- He created and executive produced Star Wars: The Clone Wars series, including the 2008 movie.
- He co-write and executive produced the six original Star Wars films.
- He directed Episodes I-III and IV.
- In the end credits of Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars, he is credited under "Based on Characters by George Lucas".
- He was credited for creating Star Wars Rebels.
- He served as a creative consultant for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as well credited for creating Star Wars.
- He was credited as the creator of Star Wars in Rogue One, The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker, and The Mandalorian.
- He attended the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- He is mentioned in Jessie as being a good friend of Morgan Ross.
- He was once engaged to singer Linda Ronstadt. 
- Schwartz, Jonathan. "Linda Ronstadt – Checking in with the Ex-Flower Child at Home in Tucson". Us Weekly.