"Ghoul Friend" is the tenth episode of Mickey Mouse.
Mickey's car breaks down in a graveyard, where he is haunted by a ghoul that looks like Goofy.
The episode begins with Mickey driving home in his car only to suddenly break down near a cemetery. Mickey checks his car's engine to find the radiator cap open and steaming with it coughing in his face. Mickey grabs his tool kit in the trunk and finds a very small wrench which doesn't fit on the cap. Thunder cracks and howling startles him which makes him drop the tiny wrench. As he reaches to grab it, he looks under him to a bush with a yellow-eyed creature only to realize it is just a squirrel. Mickey laughs it off unbeknownst to him a ghoul appears behind him.
The squirrel panics and runs away only to come back to grab the acorn he dropped and run away again. Mickey turns around and finds the ghoul looking at him. Mickey runs away but the ghoul stands in the same spot ever as Mickey continues to run. Mickey hides in a hollowed-out log. He peeks out the hole to find the ghoul right next to him. Mickey tries to run away but is stuck in the log. The ghoul stands up, screams and runs wildly until they run into a rock and fall upside down into a river and fall down a waterfall. Mickey washes ashore and the ghoul gets out of the water looking bloated with water. Sticks imbedded in its clothing causes the water to leak. Mickey runs away some more and looks to find the ghoul running after him. The ghoul runs into a tree branch with only his head and legs. He continues to follow only for the rest of his body running like a horse.
Mickey runs into a cliff with the ghoul getting closer. Using a fake statue of him, the ghoul runs into it and fall off the cliff. The ghoul holds on to a branch, Mickey tries to safe him but fails. The ghoul falls to the bottom doing the famous goofy yell only for body parts to roll up the other side and back to Mickey. Mickey tries to play innocent by using his hands as glasses thinking the ghoul would hit a guy with glasses. The ghoul pulls off his right arm and offers it to Mickey to use as a wrench to fix his car. Mickey befriends the ghoul and drives off with it.
- This episode first premiered in Canada on Family Channel on August 23, 2013.
- At the start of the episode, Mickey whistles the sung version of the credits theme and at the end, he whistles again.
- The part where Mickey hides in a log is similar to the treehouse incident with butterflies and squirrels.
- When the Ghoul falls into the valley, he makes the Goofy holler.
- This is the first episode where Mickey appears without his friends.
- Mickey is entirely silent throughout the short, except for some points when he screams & when he says "You wouldn't hurt a mouse with glasses, would ya?".