In an attempt to get the students in his class to stop texting and communicate in person, Cory gives them a homework assignment that teaches them how to communicate face to face, ultimately sparking a real connection between Riley and Lucas.
- Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar
- Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart
- August Maturo as Auggie Matthews
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
- Danielle Kennedy as Librarian
- Taylar Hollomon as Myzell
- Somewhere around the beginning of the episode, Riley sniffs the back of Lucas' neck. She was trying to talk to him, but no words came out of her mouth when she opened it multiple times.
- It is revealed that the Matthews take family trips to the Jersey Shore, just as Cory's own family did when he was younger, possibly to play mini golf, as Cory's family did.
- Maya has an interest in art.
- Maya learned that she can draw in this episode.
- Maya doesn't own a smartphone until the end of this episode.
- The board in the back of Cory's classroom says "Dream. Try. Do good." This is a reference to the last episode of Boy Meets World, "Brave New World" when Mr. Feeny says this to Cory, Topanga, Eric, and Shawn in their old classroom.
- In the promo, Maya comes in and says "'Sup, Goofballs!" and Cory says, "Except her!" but that never happened in the episode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.