- “Look Riles, the farther away she goes, the smaller she gets.”
- ―Maya to Riley
After Maya hurts Riley's feelings, the group learns that Riley is overly sensitive because another classmate is making fun of her. Riley's friends encourage her to like herself for who she is.
- Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart
- Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar
- Corey Fogelmanis as Farkle Minkus
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
- Amir Mitchell-Townes as Zay Babineaux
- The scene where Riley confronts the bully in person borrows from a production technique called "breaking the fourth wall", in which the viewer is made an active participant in the scene by the actor(s) looking directly into the camera as the scene plays out. Riley and the others, however, do not look directly into the camera lens (if you follow their eyes, you'll notice that Riley's attention is focused on an unseen person just to the right- your left- of the camera); to wit, the way this scene unfolds suggests that the viewer is standing right next to the bully.