As Goofy is chasing after an olive, he lands outside where he runs into Max. Huey, Dewey and Louie make fun of Goofy, but Max thinks they're right about Goofy's job not being as hard as Mickey's or Donald's. So after Max says that even he could do it, Goofy hires him.
After the Goofy short, Goofy announces to the gang that Max will be head waiter, Daisy tells him that it's going to be a lot of work, but Max laughs it off.
- At Hades table, Max almost gets abducted by Pain and Panic, so Goofy steps in and helps him. Goofy offers to show him how, though Max thinks he can do it on his own, so Goofy leaves him to it.
- At Timon and Pumbaa's table, Max gets them a beetle burrito that doesn't show up on the plate. Timon thinks it crawled away and is on Max, so him and Pumbaa tackle Max.
The penguins inform Minnie of the mishaps Max is making. After the Maestro Minnie short, Mickey and Minnie see Max is getting all jumbled up with the orders, and it's making everyone complain to him. As Max is carrying dirty plates to the kitchen, the penguins rush out and tumble Max to the floor. Goofy sees and tells Max that he's doing a fine job and doesn't need his help, but Max begs his dad to help him. Goofy sings Max a song that helps him, and together they both give the right orders to the correct people.
After showing Donald's Dinner Date, Mickey congratulates Max on a job well done. Max notes that Goofy gave him some pointers, and Daisy points out that they make a terrific team. Goofy says that someday Max will have an important job, but Max knows his important job is being a valet. Goofy says it's easy and (off-screen) tries to park a car but crashes.
Table waiting service provided by: "Penguin Waiters"
- "Soup or Salad, Fries or Biscuits", the song Goofy sings when helping Max, is a parody of the song "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from Mary Poppins.
- Scrooge McDuck and Gladstone Gander appear in the Penguin Waiters advertisement at the end of this episode, making this the first House of Mouse episode to include an appearance of sorts by characters (other than Huey, Dewey, and Louie) who debuted in the comics (though Scrooge was referenced as owning the savings and loan advertised at the end of "Rent Day"), and also the only House of Mouse appearance of Gladstone.
- An instrumental of Jolly Holiday plays during the advertisement.