Graduation day is finally here, but after living as a peasant for so long and learning to enjoy the simpler things in life (as well learning all the pressure and responsibilities that come with being the emperor), Kuzco starts having some serious second thoughts about being the emperor. Meanwhile, Yzma has one last plan to dethrone Kuzco and convinces him to drink an everlasting chicken potion in order to avoid being the emperor.
In the end:
- Kuzco becomes the emperor, he and Malina become an official couple, and Malina eventually gets a job as reporter for the Kuzconian Times.
- After Kuzco invites them to do so, Pacha and his family move into the palace with Kuzco.
- Kuzco makes Guaka his head publicist and makes Kronk his head royal advisor.
- In a nice bit of irony/karma/revenge for firing Kronk earlier in the episode, Kuzco forces Yzma to be Kronk's assistant (meaning that she still has to work for Kuzco, but is now lower on the totem pole).
- Eartha Kitt as Yzma/Amzy
- Patrick Warburton as Kronk
- J.P. Manoux as Kuzco
- Jessica DiCicco as Malina
- Rip Taylor as Royal Record Keeper
- Justin Cowden as Guaca
- Gabriel Iglesias as Yu and Tu
- Rene Mujica as Ramon
- Miley Cyrus as Yatta
- Curtis Armstrong as Mr. Flaco Moleguaco
- John Goodman as Pacha
- Wendie Malick as Chicha
- Jessie Flower as Chaca
- Shane Baumel as Tipo
- Corey Burton — various
- James Sie — various
- Jeff Bennett — various
- Brian Cummings — various
- We learn that Kronk knew Amzy and Yzma were one and the same 3 episodes prior to this one. Also, it turns out that pretty much everyone knew that Kronk worked for Yzma, but Kronk's such a nice, likeable guy that no one cared.
- This is the third and final time Yzma fires Kronk.
- Originally, the series finale was going to be a made-for-TV movie where, aside from graduating and officially becoming the emperor, Kuzco would've been reunited with his long-lost biological parents. However, it was changed since the writer's were having trouble executing the script.
- The series finale aired just over a month before Eartha Kitt (Yzma's voice actress) passed away from colon cancer.