Gramma Alice is the cranky old matriarch of the Green family. Though she can be mean at times, she still deeply cares for her family and puts them before anything else.
In "Gramma's License", it is revealed that she used to be a racer named "Hot Rod Alice". It also shows that she's scared of getting old and becoming useless, and that if she fails her driver's test, "it'll prove just that." Fortunately, she passes the test and renews her license.
Gramma Alice is elderly and somewhat shorter than Bill. She wears a pink blouse and slippers, glasses, and carries a cane. Her right leg has been broken off for years, and she wears a wooden leg in place of where it used to be.
In her youth, she had curly brown hair. As a child, she was no bigger than Cricket or Tilly and as an adult, she was noticeably taller than she is in her current elderly state.
- Gramma Alice seems to possess a wide variety of antique weapons, the most notable being a sword and a club and in "Fill Bill" she claimed to have owned a trident at one point.
- Alice apparently has access to a large sum of money, but claims she cannot get it because it is "tied up with the feds".
- In "Gramma's License", Alice is revealed to have been born on October 10, 1943. If the episode took place on June 22, 2018 (the day the episode aired) that would mean that Alice is 74 years old. This would also mean that by the time "Blood Moon" occurred, she had just turned 75.
- Alice apparently objected at Bill and Nancy's wedding, but was ignored. She has since shown a lot of animosity towards her, though in "Cricket's Biscuits", she has been kind to her in the past.
- In "Cheap Snake", Alice is revealed to suffer from severe ophidiophobia, the fear of snakes.
- Chris Houghton joked that Alice's "cousin is the great aunt (twice removed) of Marge [Simpson] (from her father's side)", thus making the Greens direct relatives to the Simpsons.
- It is unknown how Alice lost her leg. In "Winner Winner", she claims that she danced it off, while in "Hurty Tooth", she says that a doctor "took it" from her.
- Alice's husband is never seen or mentioned, and is probably deceased.