The Ranger takes a tour group on a guided tour of the Grand Canyon. However, Donald is in the group and gets into a tussle with Louie to environmentally disastrous results.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- J. Audubon Woodlore (voiced by Bill Thompson)
- Louie the Mountain Lion (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- The ranger breaks the fourth wall when he tells the crowd, "Spread out a little, folks; this is CinemaScope." Strangely, this line is also present in some prints of the Academy ratio version of the short; theatrical prints of this version most likely would have replaced the original line with "Spread out a little, folks; this is a big canyon."
- The CinemaScope version of this short was recorded and released in three-track stereophonic sound, and was the second short to feature this technique (the first being Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom). Thus, many sound effects and dialogue are panned from right to left (or vice versa) or interpreted as coming from different directions, particularly during an "echoing" scene, Donald's burro's footsteps after being blinded by the flash of Donald's camera, Louie's initial roar, and the destruction of the canyon.
- The reason Louie puts on a gray Confederate hat is because the Arizona territory was pro-Confederate during the American Civil War.
- Re-used animation from The Legend of Coyote Rock is used during the avalanche.
- This is the final theatrical appearance of Louie.
- This is one of two cartoons where Ranger Woodlore appears without Humphrey, the other one being The Ranger's Guide to Nature.
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #61
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume Four
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.