Pepper Ann wants to become a piano virtuoso, but her skills are terrible, so she uses a light-up keyboard to pretend to be talented.
Pepper Ann is amazed by Nicky's ability to play the violin and suggests that she is already good enough to play at the Rialto. She asks her if she can be as good as her and Nicky says she can if she is dedicated. Pepper Ann begs Lydia that she take piano lessons, despite her having taken other lessons and quitting, and she reluctantly allows her to. Pepper Ann hastily wants to be a good player, but the instructor Mr. Clapper, clearly sees her as being ill-equipped to play. Wanting to get better fast, Pepper Ann buys the PianoBrite 2000, a keyboard with light up notes that only seems to play Greensleeves.
Pepper Ann shows off her "skills" in music class and is immediately haled as a musical prodigy. This confuses Nicky who is further suspicious when Pepper Ann only seems capable of playing the one song. Nevertheless, word spreads of Pepper Ann's ability to play the piano and she gets adoration and attentions from everyone in town. Despite her reflection telling her to be honest, Pepper Ann continues the ruse. Nicky visibly becomes jealous when Pepper Ann gets a spot at the Rialto, but Milo tells her that she needs to be supportive of her as she was the one who got her to play. Nicky apologizes to Pepper Ann for her behavior and decides to support her.
On the day of the concert, Pepper Ann is shocked to learn that everyone expects her to play on a real piano and she breaks down to Nicky by revealing that she faked her talents with the keyboard. While obviously angry, Nicky agrees to help Pepper Ann by setting up a second piano and playing behind the curtain. However, Pepper Ann stops and reveals to everyone attending that she lied about her abilities and that everyone should instead listen to Nicky who comes out with her violin. As a tribute to her friend, Nicky plays Greensleeves, though one person in the audience admits he is tired of hearing the song.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen, Music Store Salesman
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Adlon as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Sherrie Spleen
- James Avery as Owen Clapper
- Kathy Najimy as Coach Doogan
- Kath Soucie as Additional voices
- The end credits plays the song GreenSleeves instead of the usual end credits music.
- Following this episode, "Greensleeves" becomes a running joke.
- In Pepper Ann's piano fantasy, she is dressed up to look like Elton John.