The World Tourists arrive in Egypt where they encounter a bereaved Emir under the employ of Xanatos seeking to control the death god and child of Oberon, Anubis. Jackal and Hyena oversee the operation and cause trouble for the Gargoyles and Elisa when they try to interfere.
Goliath, Elisa, Angela, and Bronx stumble upon the Emir's plot to capture Anubis to bring back his son in Egypt, and are captured. Jackal, who is there with what remains of the Pack, has his own agenda, and intercepts the Emir and becomes an avatar of Anubis. He destroys an Egyptian city, and ages the four travelers, but Goliath helps to convince the Emir to use the Scroll of Thoth and become the avatar instead. The Emir is able to stop Jackal and return things to normal before sealing off the underground chamber of the Sphinx so that no one could ever get access to Anubis again.
Xanatos sends Coyote 3.0, Wolf, Jackal, and Hyena along with the Emir to Egypt as part of another plot to try to gain immortality. Obviously, Xanatos had been searching for a way to become immortal since at least The Edge, when the Emir was first mentioned, but probably much longer.
- Keith David as Goliath
- Brigitte Bako as Angela
- Frank Welker as Bronx
- Salli Richardson as Elisa Maza
- Tony Shalhoub as The Emir
- Matt Frewer as Jackal
- Cree Summer as Hyena
- Clancy Brown as Wolf
- Jonathan Frakes as Coyote
- Tony Jay as Anubis
- This is a darker episode.
- Jackal seems to go mad with power after becoming Anubis's avatar.
- Not all the life that Jackal took was restored, leaving some imbalance.
- Gargoyles age at half the rate as humans; thus 50 years to a human is 25 to a gargoyle.