- “You only get one chance to save the galaxy twice.”
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is an American superhero sci-fi comedy film, based on the Marvel Comics series of the same name.
The film is a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the fifteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe overall. James Gunn returns to write and direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
Set two months after the first film, the Guardians of the Galaxy travel throughout the cosmos and struggle to keep their newfound family together, while helping Peter Quill learn more about his true parentage.
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Michael Rooker as Yondu
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Elizabeth Debicki as Ayesha
- Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet
- Sylvester Stallone as Stakar Ogord
- Chris Sullivan as Taserface
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri
- Laura Haddock as Meredith Quill
- Tommy Flanagan as Tullk
- Stephen Blackeheart as Brahl
- Evan Jones as Wretch
- Jimmy Urine as Half-Nut
- Steve Agee as Gef the Ravager
- Mike Escamilla as Scrote
- Joe Fria as Oblo
- Terence Rosemore as Narblik
- Seth Green as Howard the Duck
- Michael Rosenbaum as Martinex T'Naga
- Ving Rhames as Charlie-27
- Michelle Yeoh as Aleta Ogord
- Miley Cyrus as Mainframe
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- David Hasselhoff as himself
- Stan Lee as an astronaut
Home Video Releases
- August 8, 2017 (Disney Digital HD)
- August 22, 2017 (Blu-ray Combo Pack (2D, 3D, DVD, and Digital Code), and 4K UltraHD Blu-ray)
- Disney Infinity had planned on using characters from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in the untitled fourth installment prior to its cancellation.
- This is not David Hasselhoff's first appearance in a Marvel film. While not a Marvel Cinematic Universe film, Hasselhoff also portrayed Nick Fury, in the 1998 television film Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- This is the first film owned by Disney to have a 4K Ultra HD release.
- 700 consistent space hops causes the users to distort similar to a lava lamp or goo.
- "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2's Space Dinosaur Has A Name, Post-Credits Scene Confirmed". News Rama (October 20, 2016).
- "Marvel’s Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Synopses Released". Stitch Kingdom (October 20, 2016).