Hawkeye is a Disney+ original television series, set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, centering on Clint Barton and Kate Bishop. It is the fifth Disney+ MCU series, and a part of Phase Four of the MCU.
While in New York City post-Blip, Clint Barton must work together with the young archer Kate Bishop to confront enemies from his past as Ronin in order to get back to his family in time for Christmas.
Former Avenger Clint Barton has a seemingly simple mission: get back to his family for Christmas. Possible? Maybe with the help of Kate Bishop, a 22-year-old archer with dreams of becoming a superhero. The two are forced to work together when a presence from Barton’s past threatens to derail far more than the festive spirit.
During the events of The Avengers, a young Kate Bishop witnessed Clint Barton (Hawkeye) holding his own against the Chitauri. Following the death of her father, Derek, Kate decides to train herself in martial arts and archery. Years later, Kate is constantly bailed by her mother Eleanor whenever she gets in trouble, due to her connections as head of Bishop Security. Additionally, Eleanor is engaged to philanthropist Jack Duquesne whom she is indifferent to. Meanwhile, Clint is with his children in New York City to see Rogers the Musical, while his wife Laura stays at home in Missouri, all the while trying to move past his trauma and struggling with his hearing loss.
After becoming suspicious of Jack's father Armand III, Kate sees them at a black market auction where they have the Ronin uniform and sword on display. The place is attacked by the Tracksuit Mafia and Kate dons the Ronin costume to fight back; rescuing a dog she later names Lucky. Clint learns of the ordeal on the news and the next night rescues Kate from the gang after seeing that Armand III has been murdered. In awe of her idol, Clint is forced to go with Kate to her apartment where they are attacked by the Tracksuits who burn the complex. They end up leaving the Ronin costume behind and Clint goes the next day to learn that a firefighter named Grills took it. After discovering that he is a LARPer, he goes to a LARP session while Kate deals with Eleanor and Jack.
Kate becomes suspicious of Jack, due to his expert swordsman skills, and believes that he killed Armand III. Clint befriends the LARPers and gets the suit back, but after putting it away gets captured by the Tracksuits. Kate discovers this and gets caught as well. They meet the Tracksuits' deaf leader Maya Lopez and her right hand Kazi Kazimierczak, the former of whom holds a grudge against Ronin due to him murdering her father. Clint claims that Ronin is dead, which she does not believe, but he and Kate manage to outwit and escape them. Using clues and Clint's knowledge, they learn that Kazi works for Sloan Ltd. which is owned by Jack. They go to Eleanor's apartment where she and Jack just so happen to be and manage to acquire Ronin's sword.
Clint eventually tells Kate that he created the Ronin identity as a way to deal with the loss of his family during the Blip and that he is trying to make amends. With the help of the LARPers, they get their arrows back and are promised new costumes from them. Kate breaks into Maya's apartment to retrieve an important watch, only to get attacked by her. Clint gets attacked by Yelena Belova who wants revenge for Natasha Romanoff's death; having been a victim of the Blip and believing that he murdered her. After escaping them, Clint tells Kate to stay away from him. Kate discovers that Jack has been arrested for his supposed connection to the Tracksuit Mafia, though he denies this. She is later confronted by a very friendly Yelena who reveals her mission to kill Clint, much to her horror.
Clint decides to have one final confrontation with Maya as Ronin to prove that he has moved on, before hinting that the murder of her father was an inside job. Kate is empowered to reunite with Clint who has turned around to accept her as his partner. As they relax, Yelena sends a video to Kate revealing that Eleanor is behind Armand III's murder and that she is tied to Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin who's also the hidden leader of the Tracksuit Mafia. Realizing that Kingpin is after Eleanor for wanting to back out, Clint and Kate recruit the LARPers to help with trying to protect her at the Christmas Eve party at Rockefeller Center.
Clint and Kate battle the Tracksuit Mafia as the LARPers and a recently exonerated Jack aid in the fight. Maya, realizing that Kazi lied to her, fights and defeats him. Clint battles Yelena and manages to finally get through to her about Natasha's fate. Kingpin chases after Eleanor, but is stopped and subdued by an indignant Kate. Afterwards, she turns her mother into the police due to her connections to the mob. Kingpin manages to escape and is confronted by Maya, who now knows the truth, and is shot by her. On Christmas Day, Clint brings Kate and Lucky to his home in Missouri and reunites with his family. He returns the watch to Laura, revealing that she was a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent as Clint burns the Ronin suit and accepts Kate as his partner, also named Hawkeye.
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton
- Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop
- Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop
- Tony Dalton as Jack Duquesne
- Florence Pugh as Yelena
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin
- Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez
- Fra Fee as Kazi
- Aleks Paunovic as Ivan
- Piotr Adamczyk as Tomas
- Linda Cardellini as Laura Barton
- Brian d'Arcy James as Derek Bishop
- Simon Callow as Armand III
- Zahn McClarnon as William Lopez
- Ava Russo as Lila Barton
- Ben Sakamoto as Cooper Barton
- Cade Woodward as Nathaniel Barton
- Jolt as Lucky
On April 10, 2019, Variety reported that Marvel Studios was developing a limited TV series starring Hawkeye and featuring Kate Bishop on Disney+, with Kevin Feige set to serve as an executive producer.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige announced that the series was scheduled to debut on Disney+ in the Fall of 2021.
On September 6, 2019, it was reported that Jonathan Igla would serve as writer and showrunner of the series.
On June 8, 2020, it was reported that the working title of the series is "Anchor Point".
On July 17, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter reported that directing duo Bert and Bertie and Rhys Thomas will be directing episodes of the series.
On October 25, 2020, it was reported that the series would be filmed at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta.
On November 22, 2020, according to Georgia's Department of Economic Development, the series had started filming in Atlanta.
On April 21, 2021, it was reported that the series had officially wrapped filming.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Never Meet Your Heroes"||Rhys Thomas||Jonathan Igla||November 24, 2021|
|Archer Kate Bishop lands in the middle of a criminal conspiracy, forcing Hawkeye out of retirement.|
|2||"Hide and Seek"||Rhys Thomas||Elisa Climent||November 24, 2021|
|Clint has to help Kate disentangle herself from the Tracksuit Mafia and a real-life murder mystery.|
|3||"Echoes"||Bert & Bertie||Katie Mathewson & Tanner Bean||December 1, 2021|
|After escaping a new threat, Clint and Kate join forces against an expanding criminal conspiracy.|
|4||"Partners, Am I Right?"||Bert & Bertie||Erin Cancino & Heather Quinn||December 8, 2021|
|Secrets are revealed and hard truths emerge, culminating in a battle against two opposing forces.|
|5||"Ronin"||Bert & Bertie||Jenna Noel Frazier||December 15, 2021|
|A fallout nearly derails their partnership, but Kate makes a discovery that changes everything.|
|6||"So This Is Christmas?"||Rhys Thomas||Jonathan Igla & Elisa Climent||December 22, 2021|
|Clint and Kate's partnership is tested as they face the consequences of exposing the conspiracy.|
- Jeremy Renner originally had a deal with Marvel to star in his own film Hawkeye. Later, Kevin Feige decided to change to a Disney+ series and discussed the new idea with Jeremy Renner, who accepted to reprise the role in the TV series.
- The first official trailer for the series currently holds the record as the most-liked YouTube trailer for a MCU Disney+ show.
- This is the second MCU instalment to take place during Christmas, the first being Iron Man 3, the third being Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- There was an idea to have Paul Rudd appear as Scott Lang/Ant-Man, but it was cut.
- This series is set two years after Avengers: Endgame, placing it in 2025.
- "Marvel’s ‘Hawkeye’ Trailer: First Look At Jeremy Renner & Hailee Steinfeld In Disney+ Series". Deadline (September 13, 2021).
- "Marvel's Hawkeye: Florence Pugh Joins Jeremy Renner Disney+ Series (Exclusive)". The Direct (November 20, 2020).
- "‘Hawkeye’ Series at Disney Plus Adds Six to Cast, Including Vera Farmiga and Tony Dalton (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (December 3, 2020).
- SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
- Marvel's 'Hawkeye' Series Finds Its Writer With 'Mad Men' Scribe (Exclusive)
- Katie Mathewson on Twitter - March 6, 2020
- Tanner Bean on Twitter - March 6, 2020
- Marvel Studios ‘HAWKEYE’ Working Title Revealed
- Marvel's 'Hawkeye' Disney+ Series Lands Directors Bert and Bertie (Amazon’s Troop Zero), and Rhys Thomas (Comrade Detective and John Mulaney & the Sack Lunch Bunch)
- EXCLUSIVE: 'HAWKEYE' to Film at Tyler Perry Studios
- Now Filming in Georgia
- 'Hawkeye' Wraps Production as Jeremy Renner Hints at Additional Photography
- "Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye Was Originally Going To Get His Own MCU Movie". Cinema Blend (November 7, 2019).
- "Paul Rudd Would've Appeared In Hawkeye If Director Had His Way". The Direct (November 24, 2021).