For social studies, Mr. Finky assigns the class to pick someone in their family to do a report on. Milo and Nicky have already picked their choices while Pepper Ann decides to do one on her police officer uncle, JoJo Diggety. Inspired by television and movie depictions, Pepper Ann believes that JoJo's police work is like that seen in media and wants to be close to the action. As Pepper Ann goes out with JoJo, she is quick to discover that his job is rather mundane; picking up the dry cleaning so that the owner can open the store, getting a cat out of a tree and helping someone park. Even his interactions with the chief are very practical.
Pepper Ann openly voices her disappointment over how the day turned out, but JoJo tells her that what he does is important because he is a cog in a constantly moving machine and if he was not there, there would be chaos. Pepper Ann scoffs at this notion and suggests that he go and do something with his career. In the morning, Pepper Ann learns that JoJo took her words to heart and is moving to Reno to stop illegal gambling. Pepper Ann tells her friends about how she successfully turned her uncle's life around, but suddenly everything begins to descend into chaos, just as he predicted. Pepper Ann screams in terror when she learns that the earth is headed for a black hole.
The events turn out to be a dream and Pepper Ann tells JoJo not to move away, much to his confusion. Pepper Ann enthusiastically puts her presentation together for the class about JoJo's job and relays what she had learned from her time with him, however everyone, including Mr. Finky, have all fallen asleep over Pepper Ann's admittedly boring presentation.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Adlon as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Sherrie Spleen
- Tino Insana as JoJo Diggety
- Don Lake as Sherman Finky
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Chief of Police
- Jenna von Oÿ as Trinket St. Blair
- Kath Soucie as Cissy Rooney, Debbie
"Ooh, a glowing green stick!"
- This is one of the few times where the Diggety's side of the duplex is shown.