After learning that the Titan Prometheus was imprisoned for giving fire to humanity, Hercules sets him free from the Caucasian Eagle. However, he is unaware that his father Zeus was the god who imprisoned him, something Hades uses to his advantage to have all the gods hunt down and destroy Prometheus and Hercules. When Zeus finds out what Hercules has done, his son defends himself with the argument that fire has helped humanity, but Hades nevertheless forces a trial by fire - literally, as he turns the Eagle into a phoenix. Hercules, masterfully using Prometheus' advice about fire, smothers the Eagle with a cloak, convincing Zeus to let Prometheus off the hook, as he merely did what was right. Hercules then brought Prometheus to the academy named after him, who was flattered, but wanted the statue of the eagle pecking his liver redone, and as an encore for improving humanity, he decrees "No more Liver Thursdays", which makes everyone except Icarus happy.
- Tate Donovan as Hercules
- Carl Reiner as Prometheus
- Corey Burton as Zeus
- James Woods as Hades
- Robert Costanzo as Philoctetes
- French Stewart as Icarus
- Samantha Eggar as Hera
- Bobcat Goldthwait as Pain
- Matt Frewer as Panic
- Eric Idle as Mr. Parentheses
- Jerry Stiller as Caucasian Eagle
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Hephaestus
- Frank Welker as Pegasus
- Hercules reads the title card in this episode.
- Toot, Whistle, Plunk, and Boom make a cameo appearance in this episode.
- The Muses make a cameo appearance during the song, Promethean Ditty and have no speaking lines in the episode.