"Hercules and the Return of Typhon" is an episode of Hercules: The Animated Series.
Hercules is invited to join his father and mother for Titan Smitin' Day, an event which commemorates Zeus' defeat of the Titan, Typhon (Regis Philbin). Echidna, who was Typhon's mate, seeks revenge, wreaking havoc on Athens, so to prove himself to his father, Hercules challenges her, but in doing so, inadvertently releases Typhon. He calls to Zeus for help, who begins to explain something, but is interrupted by the fight beginning. Evenly matched, a lightning bolt is thrown by Hera, who forces Echidna and Typhon to end the battle peaceably. Hera and Zeus explain that it was Hera who threw the bolt to buy time for Zeus to defeat Typhon, and father and son mutually agree that even a god isn't perfect.
- Tate Donovan as Hercules
- French Stewart as Icarus
- Sandra Bernhard as Cassandra
- Corey Burton as Zeus
- Samantha Eggar as Hera
- Frank Welker as Pegasus and Ladon
- Regis Philbin as Typhon
- Paul Shaffer as Hades
- Robert Stack as Bob the Narrator
- Susan Tolsky as Mrs. Bob and Jr. Prometheus Academy Teacher
- Kathie Lee Gifford as Echidna
- Dan Castellaneta as Homer
- Rob Paulsen as Carnival Booth Man and Kid
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Additional Voices
- LaChanze Sapp as Terpsichore
- This is actually the first and only time where Bob the narrator is shown. Since Titan Smitin' Day is his day off, Bob goes to the celebration with his family (Mrs. Bob, Tiffany and Joe) who are all invisible.
- The Titan Smitin' Festival features a number of Disney park jokes.
- When Hercules accidentally shoots a lighting bolt that strikes the blimp sized cloud where the gods are, it falls down to the earth, which makes a news reporter say "Oh the infinity!" This is actually a slight reference to the line "Oh the humanity!" that was uttered by a witness of the Hindenburg Disaster.