"Hip-Hop Helicopter" is the twentieth episode of The Proud Family.
Penny and her friends form a dance group known as "LPDZ", and dance on "Hip-Hop Helicopter", a famous dance show. Oscar, Trudy, Felix and Sunset compete against Suga Mama, Papi, and two elder ladies in bowling. When they see the girls dancing on TV, Oscar gets mad due to their skimpy outfits and chases after the white boy that think his daughter is hot. After the girls returned to Penny's house from a car ride with Dijonay's older cousin Bethany with winning trophies, Oscar and Trudy warned their daughter not to wear the outfits because of it being too revealing for her age. The next night after school, Bethany drove the girls to a high school party and have them dress in their skimpy outfits despite Penny's parents' disapproval while they and their friends are at their second bowling match with the seniors. After having a rough time with the boys at the party, who are being ignorant with them, the girls leave Bethany and the party as well, but Penny is fired. They arrived at Penny's house without their regular outfits that they left in Bethany's car and finally got caught by Penny and LaCienega's parents and grandparents, who were driving home from their bowling match. As a result, the girls are in trouble and the skimpy outfits are destroyed.
- Hip-Hop Helicopter is obviously a parody of Soul Train.
- In this episode, we learn that Dijonay's cousin works at Hip-Hop Helicopter.
- Although Penny and her friends' stage outfits were considered too revealing for them to wear for their age, LaCienega's own was the only one that isn't revealing.
- Penny eventually would wear the stage outfit from here roughly three years later.
- Although the girls are in trouble, they weren't supposed to be video-chatting each other online while grounded.
- LaCienega, Dijonay, and Zoey agreed with Bethany to wear their skimpy outfits to the high school party except Penny, who promised her mother not to wear hers. However, the girls told each other in their video-chat that they got in trouble after getting caught wearing their skimpy outfits and Dijonay and LaCienega's parents, respectively, destroyed theirs as well, implying that, like Trudy and Oscar, Dijonay, LaCienega, and Zoey's parents also disapproved them wearing skimpy outfits and warned them not to wear them again.