|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Max Mercer is a 10-year-old boy who is accidentally left home alone for the holidays when his family goes on a trip to Japan. Now he must work to defend his home from a married couple arrives there to steal a priceless heirloom
- Archie Yates as Max Mercer
- Ellie Kemper as Pam Fritzovski
- Rob Delaney as Jeff Fritzovski
- Aisling Bea as Carol Mercer
- Kenan Thompson as Gavin
- Pete Holmes as Blake Mercer
- Ally Maki as Mei
- Chris Parnell as Uncle Stu
- Timothy Simons as Hunter
- Andy Daly as Mike
- Mikey Day as Preist
- Devin Ratray as Buzz McCallister
The film was announced by Bob Iger on August 6, 2019 who confirmed that the film will be exclusive to the Disney+ streaming service. The next month, Dan Mazer entered talks to direct while Mikey Day and Streeter Seidell were announced as writers.
Between December 2019 and July 2020, the entire cast was announced. It was later confirmed that Devin Ratray would reprise his role as Buzz McCallister, now a police officer in the new film. While initially reported that Macaulay Culkin would reprise his role as Kevin McCallister, he later denied he was involved.
- This is the third 20th Century Studios family film after The Call of the Wild and Ron's Gone Wrong.
- Thus, it is also the first Home Alone film to be released after the Disney purchase.
- This is the first Disney+ original film to be produced by 20th Century Studios, following Disney's completed acquisition with 20th Century Fox back in 2019.
- This film will be released exactly two years after Disney+ was originally launched in the United States.
- This is the first Home Alone film to be given a rating from the MPA since Home Alone 3; like the first three Home Alone films, this film has been given a PG rating from the MPA, while the fourth and fifth films did not receive any rating from the MPA, due to them being made-for-television films.
- Disney to remake 'Home Alone' for its streaming service]
- 'Borat' Writer Dan Mazer in Talks to Direct 'Home Alone' Reboot for Disney+
- 'Home Alone' Reboot Taps 'Jojo Rabbit's' Archie Yates, Ellie Kemper, Rob Delaney (EXCLUSIVE)
- Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ Reboot Adds Kenan Thompson, Ally Maki And Chris Parnell
- ‘Home Alone’ Revival Gets Fall Release Date On Disney+
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Breakout Archie Yates to Lead ‘Home Alone’ Reboot
- Disney Confirms ALL Movies Shut Down For COVID Have Restarted Or Completed Filming