"Hop 'Til You Drop" is the first segment of the forty-second episode of Amphibia.
Anne brings the Plantars to the mall for a crash course in Earth survival.
Anne is annoyed with the Plantars who are constantly getting distracted or pulled in by something on Earth. She vents this frustration to her parents who tell her that she is starting to know what it is like to be a parent. As she approaches them again, she nearly catches them in the midst of another misadventure and angrily shuts them down. She decides to take them to the Willowbrook Mall so that they can learn to restrain themselves. Anne sends Polly into a toy making store so that she can control her temper, Sprig is sent to an art exhibit to refrain from touching anything and Hop Pop must walk by kiosks without buying "free" stuff, all the while Anne watches from afar.
Polly begins to make her own toy when she and other infants in the store begin to take the parts she accrued. She manages to be polite, but this slowly begins to drain from her. Hop Pop nervously walks by kiosks as the vendors offer "free" things to him. A mall cop spots him and begins to follow him suspiciously. Sprig passes by the art exhibit and manages to prevent himself from touching any of them by punching himself. As Anne watches over them, she is suddenly approached by her friend Gabby, whom she has not seen since her adventures in Amphibia (she covers by claiming she was in Alaska for five months). As Gabby begins to talk her ear off, Sprig uses the opportunity to touch the art pieces.
Sprig ends up breaking one of the art pieces which causes a snowball effect, Polly finally loses her temper and gets into a fight with the infants and their mothers and Hop Pop finds a wish fountain and attempts to steal the pennies, only to turn green from the chlorine and get chased by the mall cop. Anne jumps into action and manages to rescue all three (in the process the art pieces break into an indifferent sculpture and the mothers were directed to the mall cop to complain) before escaping with them. As they hide by the dumpster outside the mall, Anne admits that this was her fault and that she wanted them to learn about the world the same way she did, only for them to tell her that she made similar mistakes in Amphibia. They promise to listen to her next time and hug it out, before realizing that Hop Pop needs to take a shower with Hop Pop saying "Oh, yes, please. My skin is burning".
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Brian Sounalath as Mr. Boonchuy
- On Braly as Mrs. Boonchuy
- Jessica McKenna as Gabby
- Troy Baker as Mark, Free Gift Card Salesman, Hair Growth Salesman
- Eden Riegel as Scooter Girl
- Jenn Strickland as Black Haired Mom, Glasses Mom
- Sumalee Montano as Trampoline Mom
- In this episode, Sprig & Polly wear different disguises from those worn in the last episode, “The New Normal”.
- The title is a play on the phrase, "Shop 'Til You Drop".
- The mall features numerous art sculptures that are references to other things:
- The cactus statue seen in the mall's art gallery resembles the Final Fantasy monster Cactuar.
- There is a pyramid with an eyeball, resembling Bill Cipher.
- An art piece titled "Life" depicts a fly stuck to a piece of paper that says "Rent" on it. The fly has a similar hairstyle to Maggie Pesky from The Buzz on Maggie.
- Construct-A-Creature is a parody of Build-A-Bear.
- In the Construct-A-Creature store, Polly is briefly seen wearing two round ears and a large nose, making her look like Mickey Mouse, only to discard the nose.
- There is a real-life Willowbrook Mall; however, it is not located in Los Angeles, California, but rather in Houston, Texas.
- October 10, 2021 (Canada)
- December 22, 2021 (Singapore)
- January 7, 2022 (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand)
- January 26, 2022 (Latin America)
- January 30, 2022 (Spain)
- February 8, 2022 (Portugal)
- February 23, 2022 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
- March 16, 2022 (France)