To win a village cooking contest, Anne leads the family on a quest to make pizza.
While showing pictures of her cat, Domino, to Sprig and Polly, Anne picks up an unusual smell in the air. Sprig claims he unfortunately knows that the smell is and reveals that Hop Pop is trying to cook for the pot luck competition the town hosts every year. Hop Pop's cooking is considered the worst and the loser, which is usually the Plantars, have to spend a night in the cage of shame. Not wanting to see her frog family suffer, Anne suggests that they make something new after determining that Hop Pop's cook book is "old and dumb". She settles on making a pizza, something which is foreign to the Amphibians, and Sprig and Polly agree with Hop Pop reluctantly going along with it.
They head to the bakery to get dough which they can only get from the owner if Sprig agrees to marry his daughter Maddie, a socially awkward and creepy child. Anne forcibly agrees, much to Sprig and Hop Pop's displeasure. They then wrangle cow-a-pillars for Mrs. Croaker to get cheese and, while not shown, apparently fight off aphids to get basil. Hop Pop continuously suggests they make something simple that does not require drastic measures, but Anne will not have any of it. They next go get tomatoes which are revealed to be part of a giant Venus flytrap like creature, the carnivorous tomato plant. Anne once again tries convincing the Plantars to help her get the tomatoes, but they get eaten by the creature and all of their ingredients get destroyed the stomach acid while they're inside the plant.
Anne apologizes for getting them into danger with Hop Pop admitting that he liked the fact that at least Anne had tried to help the family and that was "worth something in his books". Anne remembers about the traditional book recipe and asks Hop Pop if there is anything else in the book about the tomato plants and he finds out that the neck is the most delicious part eaten raw. They escape and take a tomato with them to cook into an old recipe of Hop Pop's instead. At the pot luck, Mayor Toadstool begins testing all the delicacies, arriving last at the Plantars. He commences to eat Hop Pop's latest dish, complimenting the tomato, and tells them that while it is the best dish they have made, it was still the worst and the family once again sits in the cage of shame. Anne asks if she can also join them in the cage, stating if they couldn't share pizza at least they could share this. Anne finds out too late that the losers are thrown with "shame nuggets" as the family are pelted with rotten fruit while Hop Pop sighs and declares tradition was such a beautiful thing.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Stephen Root as Mayor Toadstool / Carl
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Chef Flour
- Jill Bartlett as Maddie Flour
- Laila Berzins as Sadie Croaker
- The giant tomato plants resemble the Piranha Plants from the Super Mario Bros. franchise.
- Anne and the family escape the tomato plant by eating it, clearly referencing the film Alien (1979).
- The frog that was lifted away by dragon flies in the first episode returns, apparently still being carried away by them.
- This is the first appearance of Maddie as well as the first episode that features a subplot involving her and Sprig's supposed betrothal.
- This episode also features the first mention of Anne's cat Domino.
- Sprig was originally meant to be the episode's main character, but it was changed to Anne in order to further set her up as an integral part of the Plantar family.
- September 15, 2020 (Portugal)